Author Topic: Xnet Trunk Question  (Read 1283 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Xnet Trunk Question
« on: February 23, 2017, 01:13:11 PM »
Site A and B both have ICP/PBX networking max voip and TDM set to 50. I'm wondering what are the disadvantages if any by setting all my sites to 100 or more? These trunks only get utilized if an actual phone call takes place between A and B correct?

Thanks,

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Xnet Trunk Question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 07:39:48 PM »
Site A and B both have ICP/PBX networking max voip and TDM set to 50. I'm wondering what are the disadvantages if any by setting all my sites to 100 or more? These trunks only get utilized if an actual phone call takes place between A and B correct?

Thanks,
Correct... the disadvantage would be bandwidth... 100 conversations could take up to 80Mbps bidirectionally... We have places where we restrict this to 10 or 20 in networks where bandwidth is an issue, like between the US, Ireland, and the UK. TBH, unless you have a need to increase it, don't mess with it.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Xnet Trunk Question
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 06:01:24 PM »
80Mb would be alarming!

I tend to call it 100Kb/call for external calls and 30Kb/call for internal calls.

So if you have a 2Mb link, and the trunk is for internal calls, set it to 2000/30 = 66. That way, a 67th call won't cause congestion, it will use a backup route or simply fail.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10