Author Topic: Automatic Failover Forwarding from DID or Ring Group to External line  (Read 1048 times)

Offline stevemdavis1980

• View Profile
Hello everyone, I have the following environment.

1. Mxe at Main Location.  PRI. All users are homed here are Primary. All calls and all phones register here.
2. Cx at secondary locations for SRST. Used for resiliency. Analog / LS lines for outbound calls when users are failed over to these controllers
3. All controllers connected via fiber. All calls go out main controller PRI and analog LS at Cx controllers is only used during failover

For each site, i have a dedicated DID and Ring Group which then rings specific Reception phones.  Resiliency on Ring Groups and Phones works great. Outbound calls during resiliency works great.

I am looking for suggestions on automating inbound resiliency of calls.  If communication goes down between the primary and secondary controller, I would like to automate a forwarding of the DID (or ring group extension) to the external LS lines at the secondary sites.  With Cisco phone systems, they use Call Forward Unregistered features on the phones.

For example, calls for Site 2 come in on the DID at Site A,  Controller A sees ring group and extensions are unregistered (as they are failed over), this triggers an external redirect/reroute/call forward of the DID to Controller 2's POTS lines.

I know that I can do a manual forward by using Call Rerouting and Night mode, or possibly manually change the DID termination number during an outage...but does anyone have an idea to automate this, similar to Cisco's Call Forward Unregistered feature.

thanks for any assistance or direction.
Steve

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Failover Forwarding from DID or Ring Group to External line
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 06:23:02 AM »
You could use the Intercept Handling form to reroute the call to a forwarded number if the directory number is out of service.
Program up an instance (probably 2) and assign it to your PRI trunks.

Ralph

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 09:02:00 AM »
I have done similar with Hunt Groups.
i.e Hunt Group has members of IVR System, if these are Out of Service they Call Reroute 1st alt to an ACD Path.

Now that Ring Groups appear in the Call Rerouting forms I could only hope it may work similar.

So try this:
Call Reroute 1st Alt the ring group to a system speed call (Sys B)

If the ring group is out of service I would expect the call to route to the speed call.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 06:14:25 PM »
If your controllers are clustered, then the Ring Groups, extensions and DIDs are global across the cluster.

Wouldn't that be the easiest way to make them properly resilient?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10