Author Topic: T-1 bouncing  (Read 2726 times)

Offline frnkblk

• View Profile
T-1 bouncing
« on: September 30, 2015, 09:09:55 PM »
We have a customer whose PRI on the Mitel 5000 (T1M-2 card) has been dropping many times per day (among other things).  We have tested the T-1 from the CO the customer site and that was clean.  We've confirmed it's B8ZS and the clocking configuration and framing, not seen slips, the T1M-2 card and processor has been replaced, but they still can't find any stability.

We saw a "Port [0.0.0] Didn’t Return the Port Clock Configure handshake" in the logs -- does anyone know what that is?  More logs attached.

We were also running into a B-channel issue (very simliar to this http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1733910) since the middle of last week and having to busy the B-channel and return it to service to clear that issue as it came up during the day, but today the T-1 has been resetting so many times that if the issue happened we didn't see it.

I'd appreciate any question, ideas, or feedback.

Frank

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: T-1 bouncing
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 09:44:36 PM »
Is your card configured as Slave to Public Network?

Offline frnkblk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 09:45:59 PM »
Yes, it is.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 07:51:25 AM »
frnkblk,

Are you a certified technician or an end-user? Also what version of software is the system running currently.

Have you looked at the /var/log/intl/dt1_app_1.log or the /var/log/intl/dt1_app_diag_1.log to see what they say is going on with the system.

Also have you been monitoring the T-1 through the Command Line Interface at all to see if there are any issues with the setup of T-1 or D-Channel Diagnostics to determine if there is a cause code prior to the reset?

Thanks,

TE

Offline frnkblk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 09:55:26 AM »
@TE: We're neither, we're the telco for this customer.  I've been told they're running the latest release, but wasn't given the version number.
I'll ask that those two logs be looked at, but I suspect the Mitel reseller has already looked at that.  I know we looked at lives signalling traces.
Yes, the customer has been monitoring the T-1 through the CLI and everything appears to be set up correctly, no slips.  They have been looking at the D-channel, but when they camp on it for extended periods of time the T-1 bounces -- I'm told that's a known risk when doing that.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10