Author Topic: How To Create A Mitel Phone Screen Saver  (Read 4242 times)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
How To Create A Mitel Phone Screen Saver
« on: July 25, 2015, 09:58:36 AM »
Thanks to member Curtis-at-Travis we now have a how-to doc on how to create a screen saver for 53XX phones on the 5000.

You can see the doc here: 
How To Create A Mitel Phone Screen Saver

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: How To Create A Mitel Phone Screen Saver
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 11:40:20 AM »
Kudo's to Curtis-at-Travis... nicely written article!!!

I really think Mitel could have made this whole process simpler though, I mean a wizard to convert images, build all the files for you, then select 3300 or 5000, IP address, username and password and it's finished, just turn it on in the system, would have made so the custom screen saver feature would actually get used more often. So far, I have seen one customer attempt and conquer this task since this ability was made available... one out of dozens who tried.

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »
I have been frustrated for years that there hasn't been a better effort by Mitel to help those in the field use this feature.  And I think it's laughable that the only thing they have done recently is the Web Server application for live content.  Do they honestly believe that a technician who has to spend all of his/her time working on phone issues can also double up as an HTML webdesigner?  If I knew how to do that, I would be doing that job full time, making more money than I do right now.

I would also like to caution that make sure the size of the screensaver file is not too big.  I have loaded on our system a screensaver with four pictures that is about 3.5 Mb, but anything bigger, and the phone doesn't want to use it.  I am sure that with the proper photo resizing and compression, the file sizes could be much smaller, but still maintain their clarity.  I need to keep experimenting.

I am attaching some files I created, as example of what can be done (and I am sure some of you out there are anxious to see something else on your own phone besides flowers and moutains).  I will state that these pictures are probably not really appropriate for the front lobby of your business or your demo room, but you should be okay.  The labeled "BWPrincess" is a 5340 monochrome screensaver, the other two are 5360 phones.  "princess" and "vavoom" are 1950's pinup pictures (nothing raunchy!)  and "covers" is a collection of comic book covers.  Enjoy!

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 09:12:01 PM »
I have decided to attach an example folder that contains 11 pictures in one screen saver, and is still only 3.5 Mb in size.  Each picture has been re-sized to 80 pixels per inch, which is still plenty crisp for the phone screens, but reduces the file sizes greatly.

Please note, these pictures are from my personal library, and  please do not use them commercially without at least giving me an acknowledgment, IE: Copyright 2015 Curtis Burga

This file also contains the completed .spx file for uploading as well.  Review the .html document and .xml document to note where the changes are made to create a file called "scenics.spx"

I hope all these examples are useful to everyone out in the field!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 09:34:29 PM by Curtis-at-Travis »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10