Author Topic: Auto hold feature  (Read 3449 times)

Offline cparman

• View Profile
Auto hold feature
« on: November 25, 2013, 04:51:10 PM »
Hello All,

Is there a auto hold feature in the Mitel 5000? If so, where is it configured or is it enabled by default?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto hold feature
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:29:07 PM »
Auto hold? What are you trying to accomplish?

Offline cparman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »
I'm pinning up two incoming calls (Via PSTN) to the PBX (E.g., Mitel 5000) and then use a third PSTN to get a busy. What happens is I pin up the first line of the Mitel (5360 IP phone) station. Then I call from a second PSTN line to the Mitel IP phone, I then answer the second incoming call. When this happens the first call is dropped, it doesn't go on hold. So I'm only left with one call pinned up.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 07:15:03 PM »
I'm not familiar with the term "pin up".

Offline cparman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 10:04:11 AM »
Pin-up or Pinned up, simply means the caller and called parties are connected (e.g., both parties are talking to each other).

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 10:17:16 AM »
So, if I understand this correctly what you are looking for is when on a call on a Call key, another call (or third call, etc) is presented to the phone and you are just pressing the next Call key and the first call is dropping and you want it to automatically be placed on hold instead of pressing the Hold button then the ringing Call key? Is that the correct scenario? If so, this there is no option in the 5000 for this, you need to press the Hold button to place the first/second call on hold.

All features of the 5000, either set based or system wide, are handled via Flags... For system-wide flags see System->Flags and for phone level look at System->Phone-Related Information->Flags (opening each one will give you a list of phones that have that flag enabled, you can add/remove from here) or open a phone and then flags to see what flags are enabled/disabled on that specific set.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:27:05 AM by acejavelin »

Offline mem5449

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 08:49:21 PM »
This is, unfortunately, another one of those GOOD features left behind. The feature you are looking for is called SKATE-TO-HOLD or SKATE MODE. It was used on the old Inter-Tel GMX and IMX systems. It was particularly handing for reception staff to be able to quickly answer calls in succession without having to use the HOLD key between each one (as not to hang up on previous call). I'm not sure, but I think it was carried over into the earlier Axxess versions but was dropped some time ago. I don't ever remember seeing it in the 5000 series (on any version).

However, although this is no loner a built-in feature, it can be replicated with CTI software IF you REALLY want the feature.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10