Author Topic: Automate backups via command line?  (Read 97 times)

Offline jjc8008

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Automate backups via command line?
« on: Yesterday at 09:54:24 AM »
I noticed there was a task scheduled to run weekly which backs up one of our locations (let's call it "Site A"), but not the other ("Site B"). The command for it is:

Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\5000\CS5000SessMngr.exe" /service=save /session="Site A" /displayname="Site A"

Ok great, I'll copy that, throw it in a script, and do the same for Site B, so the script looks like this:

Code: [Select]
<create destination folders elsewhere>

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\5000\CS5000SessMngr.exe" /service=save /session="Site A" /displayname="Site A"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\5000\CS5000SessMngr.exe" /service=save /session="Site B" /displayname="Site B"

<move the .m5k files to destination folders>

Before I explain the problem, let me note that when I do full backups manually (via GUI), each location is roughly 30 MB.

So anyway I run the script, everything goes fine, Site A gets created/saved, and is ~30 MB, but Site B is only ~1 MB, which is indicative of database backup with no voice... despite the command being identical to Site A and Site A seemingly being a full backup?

As per usual I can find absolutely nothing of this command and its optional flags on the internet. Anyone have any experience with this?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Automate backups via command line?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 10:33:41 AM »
jjc8008,

The reason you won't find anything like that is because Mitel expects you to use the System Administration and Diagnostics program to schedule backups.

There are optional files that are looked at that you won't find in the below 'code' that have not been setup for Site B.

Thanks,

TE 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10