Author Topic: ACD Logins without PIN  (Read 1272 times)

Offline WOIM

• View Profile
ACD Logins without PIN
« on: June 26, 2024, 11:54:52 AM »
I just took over a sysadmin job and have no previous experience with Mitel MiVoice Business, so I've had to just learn as I go. Recently one of our departments had a new user join their team and asked that I set them up on their ACD skill group. I noticed their skill group had an Agent ID for an ex-employee so I just changed the name in the directory, and changed the name on the phone's extension in user and services configuration. As a test I programmed a 5330e with the extension and tried logging in with the ACD ID. When I did this it did not ask for a PIN, it just logged in. I went back into user and services configuration and under access and authentication I set a PIN and saved. However it still logs in without asking for a PIN. Are ACD PIN's set somewhere else?

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
Re: ACD Logins without PIN
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 04:08:38 PM »
For me this goes back ages since I haven't used traditional ACD for over a decade, but could it be the agent ID is not a Hotdesk ACD but a traditional ACD agent? Afaik I can't imagine a hotdesk ACD not asking for a pin since the pin requirement is kinda baked in.

iirc traditional ACD doesn't need a pin. In the MiVB under Users and Devices > ACD > ACD Agent IDs you can see a column called Agent Type.

If it is something else I am very interested in how a hotdesk ACD is not asking for a pin since both a phone and Ignite will ask for a pin if its a hotdesk ACD but then again I am always open for being wrong.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 04:10:30 PM by Dutch »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2024, 12:38:00 PM »
Just thinking out loud here:
In the old days you would set up an ACD group by programming the hunt group as a type "ACD".
I wonder if that's still a thing.

Ralph

[Edit]
Apparently not. I just tried to set one up.  Not an option.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 12:39:40 PM by ralph »

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2024, 08:59:09 AM »
I just took over a sysadmin job and have no previous experience with Mitel MiVoice Business, so I've had to just learn as I go. Recently one of our departments had a new user join their team and asked that I set them up on their ACD skill group. I noticed their skill group had an Agent ID for an ex-employee so I just changed the name in the directory, and changed the name on the phone's extension in user and services configuration. As a test I programmed a 5330e with the extension and tried logging in with the ACD ID. When I did this it did not ask for a PIN, it just logged in. I went back into user and services configuration and under access and authentication I set a PIN and saved. However it still logs in without asking for a PIN. Are ACD PIN's set somewhere else?

Is the user set up as a "hotdesk" phone? If not it's still on Traditional ACD (which is sounds like it is) and it will not ask for a PIN when they sign in, even if you set a PIN. The PIN would be tied to the base extension and not the Agent ID.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10