Author Topic: ACD related RAD problems  (Read 1101 times)

Offline MLConian

• View Profile
ACD related RAD problems
« on: January 08, 2021, 12:37:08 PM »
At the beginning of the Covid-troubles, management decided that our support hotline would get an ACD. Messages were recorded, an engineer from the company we get our Mitel licenses from put everything in place and configured the ACD - all without providing documentation, of course.
Now we found out that you can't actually forward an ACD to, say, a mobile phone number, so I've made a workaround where the external number no longer triggers the ACD but instead forwards to another extension, that is forwarded to a mobile phone. However, if people dial the internal number for support they've been calling for years, they still end up at the ACD. This now results in angry emails with people complaining they've been on hold for an hour, which is logical as there's no-one physically present to pick up the phone at the office.
In order to remedy this, I'd like to add another message to the ACD that simply states that the internal number is currently not in use, and that people should either call the external number or send an email. This leads me to the jungle that is "RAD". I don't want to permanently replace the message that currently plays, as hopefully we'll be able to return to the office somewhere in the future, but I can't seem to find a place where I can listen to the current messages that are in the system, or download them to secure them, nor can I find a way to upload a new message without risking overwriting another RAD message because there seems to be no summary view. The message is already formatted correctly, so I'd like to simply upload it and refer the ACD to the new recording without ruining the whole ACD.

So in summary:
How do I backup the RAD messages that are currently in the system?
How do I replace the correct recording (I found a page where I can upload RAD messages 1 to 200, but there's no way of checking what the current messages are nor what message is assigned to the ACD) or point the system to the alternate message?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ACD related RAD problems
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 01:11:24 PM »
You can configure a "path unavailable" destination which could, for instance, be a speed call to a cell phone. However, all of your users need to be logged out (not on Make Busy) for this to come in to play. Especially useful is that if all agents leave at 5 you can set it up in the scheduler to log all agents out. If your system runs multiple queues that wouldn't work, though. You can also configure an interflow timer that if someone is on hold for say over 5 minutes it would transfer to another destination as well.

It's hard to say exactly how your RAD is set up. That can change if you're using Contact Center. You might have to follow it from the ACD set up. My guess is that if there is no other software it is using the integrated voicemail.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 01:28:14 PM »
in the acd path --> Recording 1: Directory Number : you will find the number of your hunt group RAD ( for example 1111)

go to Group programming -> Hunt group --> and find you hunt group 1111.
then you will find the rad port member ( example 222,223,224)

now go to Voicemail -> system settings -> vm ports :

you will find your rad port members, for example :

Port ID 1 = 222
Port ID 2 = 223
Port ID 3 = 224

so now you know that you are using Port ID 1,2,3)

go to voicemail --> system Grettings --> VM Greetings

you you find your :

PORT ID 1 = RAD SET 10 (for example)
PORT ID2 = RAD SET 10
PORT ID3 = RAD SET 10

So know you konw that your are using RAD SET 10

then go to  go to voicemail --> system Grettings --> VM RAD Greetings

for example your RAD SET 10 - greeting 1 = 15

so now you now that you are using the greeting number 15 .

if you want to overwrite the current record with another

go to music and hold --> tick RAD Greeting = 15 and upload you new record( WAV, A-law or m-law (G.711), 8 kHz, 8-bit, mono.)

if you want to keep your old message (for rollback) , upload the new record in another greeting number (99 for example)
and go back to voicemail --> system Grettings --> VM RAD Greetings
RAD SET 10 - greeting 1 = change 15 by 99

hope it's clear.

Offline MLConian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 10:32:22 AM »
You guys saved my bacon! Turns out they didn't even bother with a hunt group, but just bound the VM boxes to the ACD.

Current path just goes Recording 1: Directory number 1041, and that is directly bound to VM Port 11, which uses RAD Set 11, which only has greeting 11 set up. Let's just say it lacks a certain finesse that threw me off - I got confused because the VM Port, RAD Set and greeting all had the same number. Reading sunspark's post, I finally got the logic of the system in my head and managed to change the recording. ZuluAlpha got me thinking about the way our ACD currently works, because in hindsight, it's not that well thought-out as I hoped, so I'm rethinking the setup to utilize multiple agents with hotdesking (currently, agents are permanently logged on, which is one of the things that made this that much harder). 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10