Author Topic: Cannot register hot desk extension: PIN not working with superkey  (Read 3771 times)

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
I have created a hot desk extension using the instructions from this post: http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=4691.0#msg_20264 but have experienced a problem when trying to register the hot desk extension. I have been prompted with the USE Superkey TO SEND PIN message and after entering ***5678 (where 5678 is both the extension number and PIN) it is not accepted. I have also tried using ###5678 but it did not help. However, I am able to register non-hot desk extensions using the previous two codes. I have checked the COS of the phone and hot desk login has been enabled on this extension. What could be the reason that I cannot register the hot desk extension?

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot register hot desk extension: PIN not working with superkey
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 05:46:01 AM »
You don't register hotdesk extensions, you log in with them, on a physical phone which is already registered with the system.

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 07:21:04 AM »
You don't register hotdesk extensions, you log in with them, on a physical phone which is already registered with the system.

Thanks for the information. As a matter of interest, when would you enable the Hot Desking User option under User and Services Configuration -> Service Profile? The problem I faced was when I enabled this option but I have found that the extension registers if I disable this option.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 12:27:58 PM »
When using hotdesk as mentioned, the hd user isn't tied to a phone. Usually you create base phones of type device only that the hd user can log in and out of

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 01:43:22 AM »
When using hotdesk as mentioned, the hd user isn't tied to a phone. Usually you create base phones of type device only that the hd user can log in and out of

When setting the Device Type to No Device under the Service Profile in the User and Services Configuration form I get the following error message: A valid device type or service type is required. If I enable the Hot Desking User option, I do not get an error but run into the issue which this post is about that is the physical extension can not get registered.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 05:27:52 AM »
The online docs in the Help menu are good in parts, so long as you've got a grasp of the concepts involved. I suggest you start with the help page "Hot Desking - Description" and look at the pages linked from it under Related Topics.
To summarise:
  • The HD base needs to be in a CoS with Hot Desk Login Accept enabled
  • The HD user needs to have Hot Desking User enabled
  • I suggest you don't use 5x12 handsets as Device-Only licensed HD bases otherwise everybody will need to know the HD login FAC because they don't have softkeys and you can't program a key on a Device-Only handset
  • You can't change a device from Full to IP Device Only. Delete/recreate is the only way

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10