Author Topic: Converting phone extension to Hot Desk - Setup  (Read 11289 times)

Offline ChadH

• View Profile
Converting phone extension to Hot Desk - Setup
« on: January 09, 2014, 01:19:24 PM »
I've been asked to convert a user to a Hot Desk user.  I am not familiar with how to set this up and could use a step-by-step guide.  I've spent the last hour or so looking through the HELP guide on the MCD, but it is not that user friendly.  Is there a link that provides this step-by-step setup?  Basically put, User A wants to use his extension in both the Corp office and regional office.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: Converting phone extension to Hot Desk - Setup
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:29:18 PM »
In it's simplest form, you need 2 "Device Only" for the 2 phones he will be logging into. Then the user profile itself (with the name and keys) will be a Hot Desk user. I don't know if this was enough info. or not. Someone else please chime in if you want to add something. Thanks.

Offline 1quikst162

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 11:14:46 AM »
Here's a procedure I put together for the Service Desk staff here to start building extensions. It's been heavily edited to remove information, but the gist of it is here.

‎5)‎   Once a number is determined, proceed to create the account.  ‎
a.‎   ‎(if necessary) Login to the appropriate Mitel 3300 controller
b.‎   From the left pane, expand the Users and Devices menu and select User and Device ‎Configuration
c.‎   Click the  Add button and select Default User and Device .‎
‎6)‎   In the window that loads, fill out the following information.‎
a.‎   On the Profile tab:‎
i.‎   Under User Profile:‎
‎1.‎   Input the user’s First and Last name in the corresponding fields.‎
ii.‎   Under Service Profile:‎
‎1.‎   In the Number field, input the 4 digit DID number
‎2.‎   For hot desk users, place a check in the box next to Hot Desking User.‎
‎3.‎   Under Secondary Element, select the appropriate Secondary ‎controller.‎
b.‎   Select the Service Details tab:‎
i.‎   Class of service defines controls that can be used to define what the users ‎and/or devices can use as well as set system resources in pre-defined ‎situations.‎
‎1.‎   ‎Input the COS created for Hot desking users for Day, Night1 and Night2 ‎modes.‎
‎2.‎   INput the COR created for hot desking users (if any)
c.‎   Select the Access and Authentication tab:‎
i.‎   Set the User Pin and Confirm User Pin to the extension number.‎
ii.‎   Click the ‘Apply’ button. Wait for the changes to save.‎
d.‎   Select the Keys tab:‎
i.‎   Click the ‘Change All Keys’ button.‎
ii.‎   According to their position/title, configure the key assignments accordingly
iii.‎   Click Save (bottom of page) to save key configurations. The Key window will ‎close
e.‎   Click Save again to save changes to the Hot Desk account

‎7)‎   Configure call forwarding for user.‎
a.‎   Call Forwarding defines where to forward an incoming call to if the line is busy or not ‎answered.‎
i.‎   From the left menu, expand Advanced Configuration and select Call ‎Forwarding Profile.‎

8)‎   Configure Call Routing
a.‎   Call Rerouting lets the system redirect calls to alternate answering points or devices, ‎under specified conditions. Call Rerouting may be used to redirect calls either always ‎‎(in Day, Night 1, and/or Night 2 mode) or under busy, no answer, or Do Not Disturb ‎conditions.  Call Rerouting is dependent upon the type of calling device, the type of ‎terminating device, and the entries specified in the Call Rerouting forms. Rerouting is ‎also affected by conditions invoked by the user (such as Call Forward). The system is ‎currently configured to forward calls to the voicemail server first, and in the event of a ‎network/system failure to the backup voicemail  system.‎
i.‎   From the left menu pane, expand Call Routing, then Call Handling and select ‎Call Rerouting.‎

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 12:52:58 PM »
Hot desk users program the same way than other users but the device type is No Device, all you have to do is select 'Hot Desking User' check box right under the 'Number' field.
You can also read the Help that explains conditions and implications.
NO you don't need a 'Device only' phone to login a Hot desk profile, all you need is the Hot desk login accept option enabled in the actual phones COS.
- ie,: meeting room has an extension that is always assigned (one user license) but you enable 'over logging' and a Hot desk user can log in taking over the phone (license two). Once they log off the original 'default' profile returns.
- If you want all your phones to have an active profile without and with a hot desk user you need to double your licenses!!!
- 'Device only' phones don't require a license.

And there are Hot desk agents and External Hot desk users and External Hot desk agents .....! have fun!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10