Author Topic: "Panic" Notify feature?  (Read 3999 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
"Panic" Notify feature?
« on: November 27, 2012, 05:54:52 PM »
I have a customer that is moving from an Avaya Partner to the 5000, and on the old Avaya they had a feature on the phone labelled "Panic" and when pressed it would silently make a one-way intercom call to preset extension that would be notified with a tone and a message in the display in the event there was an issue with a client in the office or on the phone and they need immediate assistance. I have seen something like this in call centers called "Assist". Is there something on the 5000 like this?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: "Panic" Notify feature?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 08:47:01 PM »
I don't actually know. But that has me thinking about emergency notification on the 3300. I've had a request regarding the fact that the first responder clears the event for all other. My thoughts were to loop back an extension to a trunk and put that extension in the emergency group and make the trunk ring on others so that the caller id info was passed. Anybody tried something like it?

How specific do they need? Maybe something closing a contact to a dialer might work.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 11:57:51 PM »
Interesting way of doing it on the 3300, it will probably work but isn't it kind of overkill? Couldn't you just put a Multicall Appearance of x3333 (or whatever you want) and set the appearance to Ring Constantly, and make sure those sets have non-Prime line call display and essentially accomplish the same thing?

As far as on the 5000, I am not sure now... what the customer is telling me is NOT what I am seeing happening. When I do a Feature 00 and look at the button marked Panic, it is nothing but a key that is "Group Page *72" meaning it is doing nothing but a page to a group of phones. And when I tried it, it only works when the set is idle but it does activate a one-way page to four phones and they can hear what is going on in the office that pressed the button. I am starting to think this might be one of those things that the sales person "I don't know if it can do that, let me check on it and get back to you" and it kind of festered into something much larger. I need to do some more checking...

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 07:56:53 AM »
Couldn't you just put a Multicall Appearance of x3333 (or whatever you want) and set the appearance to Ring Constantly, and make sure those sets have non-Prime line call display and essentially accomplish the same thing?

It wouldn't be a 'silent' alarm.  You'd hear the ring through the phones speaker.

Is there an emergency route/alert on the 5000 like there is on the 3300?  If yes, you could create an emergency route to an analog trunk that only has battery on it. 

Ralph

Offline Stix1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 10:34:04 AM »
Maybe you can create a CRA, tagged as "Panic",  that times out to a HG with the desired extensions.  You can change the audio for calls ringing these devices to silent.  Only one caller would be able to answer the call but could then hear what is going on. 

This is all in theory of course but might work for your application.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10