Author Topic: Call forwarding to other extension then that extensions voicemail  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Vi7ER

• View Profile
Hi,

I have the following situation:
  • 3 phones in rooms close to one another
  • only one has an associated mailbox, the other two are deliberately set not to have voicemail
  • other two currently forward to the one with a mailbox if no one answers
However at the moment once forwarding has occurred and the phone with a mailbox is ringing. It continues to ring and does not go to it's own mailbox. I have tried adding our voicemail extension to the forward path as the next item after the mailbox phone, but all this does is take the caller to the standard voicemail service (which then asks you to enter a mailbox number) instead of actually going to the associated mailbox.

What I want to achieve is this:
  • caller tries ringing one of the non-mailbox phones
  • after no answer caller is forwarded to phone with mailbox
  • after no answer caller can leave a voicemail on the mailbox associated with the phone

To put in one more way, once the caller has been forwarded to the phone with a mailbox I want the call to behave just as if they had called that phone directly. In otherwords it should go to voicemail and allow the caller to leave a message on the correct mailbox.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Any help is very much appreciated.

:D

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call forwarding to other extension then that extensions voicemail
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 08:36:34 AM »
I would probably set this up to work like this:

Create a Call Routing Application that has no greetings and times out immediately to the VM box of the overflow phone.
Create a new hunt group and add only the overflow phone as a member.
Set the recall timer to whatever you want the delay to be before it goes to VM.
Enter the number of the Call Routing Application you have just created under the Recall destination.
Create a new System Forwarding path that routes to the new Hunt Group.
Assign this System Forwarding Path to the phone that rings initially.

So it should go Call rings in to initial phone and is unanswered > forwarding timer kicks in and routes to hunt group > Overflow phone rings until recall timer kicks in > Recalls to CRA that routes straight to the overflow phones mailbox, caller leaves a message and everyone is happy.

In theory  :)

Offline Vi7ER

• View Profile
Re: Call forwarding to other extension then that extensions voicemail
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 09:37:55 AM »
Thanks NTEDave,

I will give that a go and feedback  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10