Author Topic: Remote Admin  (Read 10095 times)

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Remote Admin
« on: March 15, 2013, 01:38:54 PM »
Engineer just done the basic course and passed including the new 10 question bit....but on the course they never mentioned remote admin.

So my question is....what options are there for remote admin? On the 3300 we just get a remote admin to a server or a user or a IP address for access and do it all from there. From what I can see the easiest way would be to put the programming software on a server and do much the same as we do now and log into it live but what other options are there if remote admin off a server is not possible?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Remote Admin
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:48:48 PM »
Remote admin is pretty simple on the 5000, forward port 44000 for just programming access, and add a few others for Sys Admin/Telnet/Web or whatever you need. We usually try to get 44000, 4000, 22, 80, and 443 opened, although all of those can be changed in software if they are in use by other applications.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 07:51:36 AM »
Ah, I assume that's changed in programming software as my clients usually use 443 for their OWA and 80 for their routers remote management so its good if they can be changed easily. I assume it also uses port 22 for AMC synch?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 06:51:45 PM »
The 5000 doesn't sync to AMC, you have to manually download and install a license key file...

Port 44000 (old 4000) - Database Programming
Port 443 & 80 - System Administration monitoring (the Mitel Sys Admin tool)
Port 22 - SSH access for Digital Trunk Monitoring and diagnostics.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 05:57:34 AM »
Cheers. Makes sense and I did know about the non synch (its on the compact flash i believe) but as said elsewhere the systems are very different and its easy to confuse one with the other ....

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »
The 5000 also has an analogue modem on extn 1500, you can route a spare DDI to 1500 and use a cutting edge 56k dial up modem to access.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 03:03:03 PM »
The 5000 also has an analogue modem on extn 1500, you can route a spare DDI to 1500 and use a cutting edge 56k dial up modem to access.

I like modems...however, I haven't had a laptop in the past five years that had an RJ11 port...and that's sad. If I need to dig out my ancient Dell and dial away

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 11:45:37 PM »
The modems on the 5000 are bad.... and really slow, they essentially make a PPP ethernet connection and flow the exact same information as a local LAN connection. If you are going to use it, make sure to set the minimum baud rate to 2400 (or as low as it can go), but it is still better than a 2 hour drive to change a hunt group or something stupid like that.

Still, the best bet is to make it part of the installation requirements that some type of high speed access is required remotely, whether that be by VPN, LogMeIn, Bomgar, direct TCP ports, or installing the software on a customer PC and manually building a session each time with something like ShowMyPC.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 01:06:42 PM »
I agree that remote admin via ethernet is the best...and easy...I am fortunate to work for a telco where I normally have access to the router to do the port forwarding. Typically I only have to change port 80 and sometimes port 22 to something else...and I'm on my way...but some systems like the SX200 or the Nortel Meridian need a baud rate connection and it for those I pack around my ancient Dell...for the RJ11 port

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 06:00:44 PM »
iPocket232's work well for this, both the SX200 and Meridian, and just about any serial interface... Just takes a little tweaking and frustration worked out to get it working for you, then just Telnet to the iPocket and hit enter a couple times and Whoalla!!!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 11:00:19 PM »
I've purchased some ip to serial devices out of China that have worked on the 200's. I kind of like the Hexin device since ti come as a dte device, although the power supply they send isn't functional in the USA. Programed my test to use port 2000 just like the ICP

Even did a 200 kermit backup.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:03:38 PM by johnp »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10