Author Topic: Reporter Pro and auto reporter exports  (Read 5432 times)

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
Reporter Pro and auto reporter exports
« on: March 07, 2013, 12:58:05 PM »
Greetings!

I can't be the only person to ever run into this but here is the situation. I have several reports setup to run and export automatically on a once a week basis. The problem here is if im not logged into my pc and reporter pro is not open, auto reporter doesn't do it's thing. Does anyone know of a way around this?

I'm wondering if there is a way to get my autoreporter schedules to run without requiring a user to be logged on and reporter pro to be open.

Looking forward to your responses!

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
Re: Reporter Pro and auto reporter exports
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:49:20 PM »
Mikey-  -I have had some success running applications as service using FireDaemon or a similar "run as windows service" Daemon.
http://www.firedaemon.com/

I am trying to check the archives of my mind to remember if this was a solution to this problem but it has been too long ago.
Another option would be to install the autoreporter on a pC that is set to autologon, and put the autoreporter in startup.

This behavior was a pet peeve of mine as well.  I don't know why Mitel does not allow it to run as a service. :o

Offline acraig00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
i just ran into this problem and ended up setting reporter.exe to run every day as a scheduled task in Windows.

This runs it as a service under SYSTEM user on the machine with the task. Havent had any problems so far as long as machine is powered on.

Offline timbCFCA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:59:42 AM »
@acraig00 - can you detail what you've done a bit? I just tried the same (and a couple additional variations) and it isn't working.

Offline acraig00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 03:26:46 PM »
i ended up having this run on the CSM server itself.

Task scheduler>Create Task

General: under security options make sure you check off "Run whether user is logged on or not"

Trigger: At startup

Action: Start a Program           Details:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel Customer Service Manager\Reporter\Reporter.exe"

Everything else is default.

:o it is ridiculous for enterprise-level software to not run as a service.

Also, in case anyone could use this: Previously, i emailed reports with Auto-Reporter.  Now, I use Auto-Reporter to Publish all the reports to html files on a local IIS server every 15 minutes. it creates a nice index page and everyone can get reports on-demand, instead of waiting for a scheduled email. Went over big.

Offline Jidl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 06:02:21 AM »
Hello,

Apologies for the old topic.

Has anybody ever had any luck querying the db directly?

I'd like to drag date out using SSIS rather than a CSV export / import.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10