Author Topic: Message Key  (Read 908 times)

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
Message Key
« on: January 06, 2021, 03:13:26 PM »
I have a client who cannot access their voicemails.  I had him dial his own extension to get into his voicemail on his office phone.  When he dialed into his own extension, the system prompts him for a password to get into his voicemail.  After he enters his password and hits #, the phone just sits in silence. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 03:21:54 PM by RLyon »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Message Key
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 03:40:31 PM »
RLyon,

Well, it has nothing to do with the Message key itself if it is sending them to the actual Voice Processor; like it is supposed to.

Anyway, you need to look at logs and see what the Voice Processor is doing.

Also, look at the prompts and make sure no one has deleted them. Sometimes there is a problem on upgrades which is why I also reload the prompts during that time.

If you know how to look at System Commands then you could go that route as well to see what the VP is doing, but for most I think looking at the logs is the easiest thing.

If it is only one mailbox doing this and all of the others are working as expected then it might just be easier to delete and recreate the mailbox.

If you are not sure then I would have them log into a different persons mailbox and see if it works as expected there. Also, have someone else log into this person's mailbox from their phone and see if the problem follows the mailbox or the phone. You could also have them call in from outside of the system and check their mailbox that way as well. This will tell you what you would need to know going forward as it seems you didn't do any basic testing yet.

Thanks,

TE

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 05:22:52 PM »
Tech,
It seems to be happening more than one person. It started sometime yesterday to this morning. Were are the audio prompts such as personal greetings" stored at. I see under Mailboxes > Recording Lengths (it shows value)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 06:54:04 AM »
RLyon,

Unless you have a PS-1 all of the Prompts would be stored on the Compact Flash. The first thing I would do is make sure that there is still room on the Compact Flash for the VP messages.

I would then try backing up the entire VP [Audiotex and Mailboxes] and reloading them back in. It may not hurt to get the system prompts reinstalled too if they are not able to hear those as well.

If that doesn't work then back up the entire system and then default the DB and reload it all back in. If you are still having issues then change out the Compact Flash with a new one.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bridgeclipbob

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 04:09:39 PM »
Just a thought, unless you've already tried this you may want to try a simple reboot.
I just worked on a system a couple days ago that reported that the Config Assistant wasn't working. I troubleshot it and noticed the pre-recorded system greeting for the Config assistant and Conference assistant were playing "dead air". I fully expected to have to go to site and reload system prompts. I scheduled an overnight reboot and all fixed. So before you get out the sharp knives......try a reboot.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 06:35:35 PM »
Yep, back up the database to the CF and reboot the system.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10