Author Topic: Multiple WAN IPs?  (Read 6616 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple WAN IPs?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 07:35:17 AM »
Gr8whtd0pe,

Well that makes me feel better, you do not have an expansion card installed, but the installer must have used a default database with that card installed on it.

Anyway, that will do what you want it to do, but at least it is not part of your problem with audio issues.

Thanks,

TE

Offline gr8whtd0pe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 11:09:36 AM »
Gr8whtd0pe,

Well that makes me feel better, you do not have an expansion card installed, but the installer must have used a default database with that card installed on it.

Anyway, that will do what you want it to do, but at least it is not part of your problem with audio issues.

Thanks,

TE

So just to verify, I can NAT two different public IPs, right?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 11:50:58 AM »
gr8whtd0pe,

Let me put it this way so hopefully there is no confusion.

IF you have a PEC [Processor Expansion Card] AND you are using remote IP phones then you have to have a Public IP addresss pointed to the PEC that is different than the one pointed to the Base Processor, otherwise you will have audio issues. The IP Phones will never use the Public IP address of the PEC as their Controller IP, it is always the IP of the Base Controller.

So, to answer your question yes you have to have NAT to point to the two different Public IP Addresses of the Controller if there is a PEC installed on the Base Processor, but you cannot point IP Phones to that public IP address and expect it to work properly.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 08:11:16 AM »
Alternative way to test this: put a VPN router in at one of the remote sites, then you don't need to set a handset's 'NAT Address Type' to NAT, and the public IP programmed on the 5000 doesn't matter. It's a bit of overhead, but it's a lot easier [IMO] than deploying an MBG just to try and diagnose an ISP issue.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »
The lack of a red X on the expansion caught my eye. I have a 5000 that was just upgraded to 6.0.10.82 because of an alarm 1007. Now my local IP (LAN) endpoints are getting Insuff Band alarms and resetting intermittently. I also noticed that now my expansion card does not have a red X on it although there is not one installed.

Anyone else upgrade and noticed the red X issue?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 12:36:03 PM »
619Tech,

If you are looking at it in Local Mode it may not have the X on it. Other than that it should if you are in Online Mode.

Thanks,

TE

Offline gr8whtd0pe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 01:42:22 PM »
619Tech,

If you are looking at it in Local Mode it may not have the X on it. Other than that it should if you are in Online Mode.

Thanks,

TE

Mine has a red x in both modes. You have to actually click on IP connections to see it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10