Author Topic: two short rings then auto answers  (Read 4380 times)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
two short rings then auto answers
« on: February 27, 2014, 09:24:08 AM »
Hi,

This might be related to all the settings I have been messing around whilst troubleshooting this issue http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php/topic,4885.0.html

But now whenever someone calls my 5320 phone it emits two short rings then auto answers (connects the caller). This only happens to IC calls, not external calls. Also it doesn't happen when our switchboard calls me, but does when any other internal person calls.

I have checked the flags on my extension, compared to others and all looks identical. I have removed my name from Users (where DEE settings were stored). I even removed my forwarding paths and reset my 5320 phone (cleared the MAC address from IP Settings).

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: two short rings then auto answers
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:54:04 AM »
Sounds like the station flag HANDS FREE is on.  This is designed so I can answer an IC caller without interrupting my work.  You can turn it off in programming or use feature code 319 at the phone.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 09:56:49 AM »
WallIT,

It sounds as though you have handsfree turned on within your station flags. Those phones that do not have Ring Intercom Always will be auto answered by your phone. More than likely the switchboard has Ring Intercom Always turned on which is why they don't call through.

The way we set up our customers from this happening since our customer base hates this feature. We turn off Handsfree on all phones and turn on Ring Intercom Always. That way it should never happen to anyone regardless of their handsfree setting.

The fastest easiest way to set this up is through Phone-Related Information > Flags and then go to Handsfree and delete anyone in there and then go to Ring Intercom Always and make sure everyone is in there by right-clicking and selecting the correct phone types and adding them.

Thanks,

TE

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:07:36 AM »
Hi Both,

Thanks for the quick replies. I sure am grateful for your contributions!

Really don't know how I set this flag as I didn't do it manually and didn't dial the feature code. I checked Phone-Related Information > Flags > Handsfree and noticed a few people were in there, including a colleague I share a room with. I'm 100% sure I have never heard her phone auto answer. She would be quick to bring it up if it was happening. Anyway, I left those people there and checked Ring Intercom Always, which included switchboard, so added all the other internal staff too.

My phone is back working normally now.

Thanks again. Very much appreciated.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 10:11:53 AM »
If you enable forwarding on IC calls, that will override any Handsfree setting.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 04:43:10 PM »
RING INTERCOM ALWAYS is on the SENDING end...when on, calls made by that phone never use HANDS FREE regardless of setting at the other end.  HANDS FREE determines whether a phone can RECEIVE calls automatically on speaker, assuming RING INTERCOM ALWAYS is off.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 11:13:17 AM »
If you enable DEE that also disables auto answer on the set...

Jim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10