Author Topic: Paging from different Controllers (2)  (Read 2411 times)

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Paging from different Controllers (2)
« on: October 22, 2012, 01:48:12 PM »
Can't find where the IP Trunks configuratin are for the 3 Controllers we have, might they be listed under a different name like (PBX Number/Cluster Element ID) under the Voice Network category?

I need to find them to be able to change COS  and/or COR.  Thanks.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: Paging from different Controllers (2)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »
Are you logging in with root access? or at least an account that has access to most if not all forms?

For the trunks you need to go to Trunks -> IPXNET. If you want to set the COS and the COR then you will need to be on the trunk attributes form. Also if you are using the direct IP trunk, then it is slightly different set up again from the traditional way of IP networking.
It's a little unclear though if you are wanting to change the COS/COR numbers, or if you want to change the settings of the COS itself to allow for the features you are after to run over the IP Trunk.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:54:26 PM by martyn »

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 07:03:08 PM »
Actually this is a continuation of our conversation, I started topic in August:

Re: Paging from different Controller

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »

Yes.  You just can mix the page groups.

Easy way to do it is to dial the Cluster Element Access code then the page code and page group.  <CE><FAC><Group>

Ralph

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

martyn
Global Moderator

[applaud][smite]
Bachelor Degree Majoring in beer consumption

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 08:48:53 PM »

Quote from: ralph on August 20, 2012, 08:06:42 PM

Yes.  You just can mix the page groups.

Easy way to do it is to dial the Cluster Element Access code then the page code and page group.  <CE><FAC><Group>

Ralph

Make sure you do it as a speed dial though, as otherwise the users will never get it right and you will have paging all over the shop!

Report to moderator   Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xrds

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »

Do I have to create a Cluster Element Code and Page Codes, I already know what the page group numbers are?

Report to moderator   76.79.238.82

martyn
Global Moderator

[applaud][smite]

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »

Each 3300 in the cluster will already have a Cluster Element ID (CEID) that you can dial to get features across cluster members. You will also have a Feature Access Code (FAC) programmed for paging.
So for example your speed dial might be 4000 which points to 5001**91 - with 5001 being the CEID, **9 being the FAC for loud speaker paging on that system, and 1 is the group number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

martyn
Global Moderator

[applaud][smite]

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 06:55:16 PM »

Actually I should correct myself, as I have just looked at my notes.

On the system that has the PA attached create a speed call (3000 for example) that points to the FAC for loud speaker paging (eg. **9#)
On the system that you want to page from create a speed dial that points to the SC created above on the remote system, but you have to include the CEID of the remote system. EG. 4000 (SC) points to 50013000 - with 5001 being the CEID and 3000 being the SC on the remote system.

You must also check your COS for the IP trunk between the controllers to make sure that paging is allowed on the trunk as well.

xrds

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 06:47:51 PM »

I've been looking, but can't find where the IP Trunks are for the 3 Controllers we have, might they be listed under a different name like(PBX Number/Cluster Element ID) under the Voice Network category?
I need to find them to be able to change COS  and/or COR.  Thanks.

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 12:46:20 PM »
I don't have root access; I will have to ask our Mitel Provider company if I can get root access.

What I'm trying to do is to make it so a page could be done from anywhere on our school campus to anywhere on campus.  For instance we have many buildings and have 3 controllers for all of these buildings, I have it divided now to do pages from the individual controllers (which houses) a certain numbers of buildings per page group.  We'd like to be able to go to any one of the controllers and page the other 2 controllers, we'd like to make announcements one time to everyone on campus or sometimes to page only 2 controllers at one time.

Hope this helps to clarify better.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10