Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Yes I did, are they considered the best practice then?
doesn't hackers usually use the tftp protocol to gain access to servers for this case which is the MBG server and why tftp is usually not considered safe to allow through the firewall.
MiVoice Office 250/Mitel 5000 / Re: 6940w phones with phone manager
« Last post by thenewguy on May 16, 2024, 10:20:38 AM »
I just reread my post, it's a little misleading.   I have a bunch of 6940s working on this system.  However when I try to use the 6940w it will not come up.  I can take a non W phone and it will work on the extension.    I know I had run into a software issue with bringing up W phones on a 3300 system on older software.  I figure this is the same thing. 
I don't... honestly I find the best way to use the MBG is the way it was intended, with two interfaces, one on the LAN and one directly on the WAN. I don't have any customers doing it any other way.

That said, pretty sure the process is well documented that tells you what ports, etc need to be open/mapped... have you checked the docs and knowledge base?
What is your concern with the firmware using an unsecure protocol? The phone downloads the firmware and verifies the checksum before applying it, there isn't any real security concern here...
What would your best practice for setting up firewall rule for the MBG???
wouldn't that protocol be unsecured? Is there a way for something like sftp or https setup on MBG to have the phones updated?
MiVoice Office 250/Mitel 5000 / Re: 6940w phones with phone manager
« Last post by lundah on May 16, 2024, 09:15:17 AM »
Should be just like a regular 6940, meaning you need to use MCS (though I thought it was a Windows application, not Linux, but it's been a few years since I worked on one).
TFTP is it, the remote phone will download from the MBG it connects to.
Is there another way beside the TFTP to update the firmware on teleworker phones?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10