Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mitel MiVoice Business/MCD/3300 / Re: Mitel Newbie
« Last post by rikko on Today at 04:21:02 AM »
... Is there a way to configure a phone
by obtaining its MAC address?...

I tried this, unfortunately the telephone did not pick up the assignment in my attempt. So I had to do the manual *** procedure already mentioned.
Mitel MiVoice Business/MCD/3300 / Re: Cordless phone options for 3300?
« Last post by rikko on Today at 04:15:59 AM »
Where I work, we use Micollab softphone application installed on a regular mobile phone. But, I'm not a fan, I find it laggy and very susceptible to network drops. Sure, someone may say you need good wifi infrastructure to make it work and it's true. We do extensive coverage, some 2000 APs in total, and handovers from access points work fine for pretty much any other application the same mobile phone. Mitel app though... :-X
Where I work, we have about 3700 pieces of 5304 telephones, so replacing them with new model is a capital investment, currently not feasible. I've faced the issue described in this thread, sometimes on brand new phones if they were sitting inside the box, long enough.
My finding is that the hook spring is insufficient to do the task. It compresses over time, and that causes the poor plunger contact, which can easily be interrupted by pressing buttons on the keypad, especially button 1. :) There are other symptoms as well, depending on the condition of the spring.

So I took it upon myself to do some basic calculations, and based on my measurement, I picked a spring in McMaster-Carr catalogue. Spring is a bit different, but it's close enough, and unlike the Mitel spring which has no coils, MCM-C spring has 3 of them. Once I installed them, my measurements were confirmed correct. 4 years now, the telephones with new springs are still working.

The spring that I got is catalogue number 9271K31, if anyone wonders.

Name: Torsion Spring
Type: 90 Degree, Left-Hand Wound
OD: 0.315"
For Shaft Dia.: 0.187"
Wire Dia.: 0.035"             
Leg Lg.: 1.25"
Number of Coils: 3.25
Max. Torque, in.-lbs.: 1.071
Material: Music-Wire Steel
Pkg. Qty.: 6
Maker
Mitel MiVoice Business/MCD/3300 / Re: SDS Faults / Sync clarification
« Last post by rikko on Today at 03:04:55 AM »
And further confirmation, any consequent edits of users on node #4 did not result in new SDS faults.

For interested parties, what I've done is:
- logged into the primary host for these users in question
- opened Network Elements page
- clicked on Sync between the nodes in question
- chosen the Form that needed syncing (Users in this case)
- chosen Overwrite for sync properties
- started syncing

Hope this helps
Mitel Software Applications / Re: Agent / ring group member question
« Last post by lundah on Yesterday at 03:34:31 PM »
They are complaining about calls getting offered to the same agent to often.

Make sure you don't have Last Group Member Routing configured for the ring group, that will send a repeat call within the specified time interval to the last group member they were connected to.

As mentioned, you can use the Lifecycle report to show who answered specific calls, but there's no way to tell who's next in line for a call to the group DN.
They are yes.  The firewall is managed via the ISP and they will NOT share any credentials which is beyond frustrating.  They've asked us to "turn it off and on again" which I have some colleagues doing tomorrow as they can't afford to lose internet on the site.

I've asked them to give a laptop the external IP that the MSL holds and see if that can ping so we can atleast eliminate it being something on the MSL itself.  I won't know more on that front until late tomorrow unfortunately. 

Just find it so odd that we can ping any other address without issue, can even make curl requests.  Will keep on at that but sounds like we're on the right path atleast.
Both of those issues point to a firewall. I assume they are on SIP?
« Last post by rikko on Yesterday at 11:42:56 AM »
Sync worked! Users fully match now.

I'm chuffed.

Thanks Ralph
Yes I did, are they considered the best practice then?
Yes, it is...
« Last post by rikko on Yesterday at 10:59:00 AM »
Hi Ralph,

thanks for the clarification. When you say to try to delete one extension, I presume you mean from the primary host, yes?

Re. the failure, I'm not sure what had caused it to fail initially. Now I get SDS errors piling up with every user change on node #3. These faults are that "...there can be only one prime user..." or that "...user does not exist locally. Synchronize data first...". To give you more background, we update extension user names to match the name of the occupant. This name update is pushed from an external app, developed by some smart ex-mitelians. So the change is pushed to nodes #3 and #4, and SDS sharing takes care of nodes #1 and #2. I suspect that when distribution initially failed, it wasn't taken care of immediately, and what I'm facing now is consequence of that. I'll try what you mentioned, let's see how successful will I be.

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10