Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mitel MiVoice Business/MCD/3300 / Re: Realtime call logs?
« Last post by ddog511 on Today at 05:00:17 PM »
That was what I had tried first, but the problem with that is that it records *after* the call has completed.  In our situation, I need to be able to locate what extension is currently on a specific call out.
This will be in your Class of Service Options under the advanced tab for the COS you have assigned to those phones. You may want to copy what you have an create one for "no phonebook" but that's up to you.

What option do I change in the COS?  I am in the Advanced tab and only see Phonebook Lookup options but no option to disable phone book.
You can also set the Telephone Directory entry option "Include in Phonebook" to no, that will remove that entry from the phonebook in case you only want to offer a limited number of entries. Would also work for the 69xx series sets.

Does this have to be done with every extension?  We have 700+ extensions.

Yes, but you could do an export, change the field, then import. Test this on a small number of entries first before attempting it with your entire directory.

There may also be an easier way:
  • Check System Options and note what is assigned for "LDAP Client Configuration Profile ID #1" and "LDAP Client Configuration Profile ID #2"
  • Under "Integrated Directory Services", go to "LDAP Client Configuration"
  • For the profile members referenced in System Options, change "Client Status" to "Disabled". This should prevent lookup requests from connecting to the LDAP server (in this case, the MiVB)
  • Alternately, you could make the change to unused profile numbers, then change the assignment in System Options

Thanks.  Will try.
We are looking into doing professional auto attendants since the ones we record aren't great, and robots are just as bad, if not worse. We found a company that we were thinking of using. Has anyone used them? They are in Canada. Used by a lot of businesses, and supposedly are very affordable. Here they are : https://cohm.com/auto-attendant-recordings-for-business/ They also recommended call back services. Anyone done that before?
You can also set the Telephone Directory entry option "Include in Phonebook" to no, that will remove that entry from the phonebook in case you only want to offer a limited number of entries. Would also work for the 69xx series sets.

Yes, but you could do an export, change the field, then import. Test this on a small number of entries first before attempting it with your entire directory.

There may also be an easier way:
  • Check System Options and note what is assigned for "LDAP Client Configuration Profile ID #1" and "LDAP Client Configuration Profile ID #2"
  • Under "Integrated Directory Services", go to "LDAP Client Configuration"
  • For the profile members referenced in System Options, change "Client Status" to "Disabled". This should prevent lookup requests from connecting to the LDAP server (in this case, the MiVB)
  • Alternately, you could make the change to unused profile numbers, then change the assignment in System Options

This will be in your Class of Service Options under the advanced tab for the COS you have assigned to those phones. You may want to copy what you have an create one for "no phonebook" but that's up to you.

Does this work on MiTel 69xx phones?
Mitel MiVoice Business/MCD/3300 / Re: Realtime call logs?
« Last post by rikko on Today at 03:32:10 AM »
Not sure if this is considered as a valid answer to your query, hope it helps.

I have putty setup to open session to every node via port 1752, and log the live data. This is basically your call records as they occur a.k.a. live. My setup involves closing the log file at midnight and starting a new one. Log name contains date string in it, so they are easily identified.
There's a desktop client that can be run by the agents to allow them to start & stop recordings, I don't remember if it's a licensed feature or not, its been a couple of years since I looked at an MIR system.
Wound up being email misconfiguration of some sort. Still not sure if it was in the CX-II controller or Google Workspace. The software updated I tried and rolled back broke voicemail across the board (messages were present in the controller but no indicators on desk phones and when calling a mailbox, the users were told there were no new messages). I restored a backup from the night before the software update and that fixed it. I re-entered the SMTP details and voicemail to email is working again. I know I did some more tinkering between the software update and now, but don't remember exactly what I did.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10