Author Topic: External Call Conditioning [Scenarios]  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
External Call Conditioning [Scenarios]
« on: June 22, 2017, 09:24:47 AM »
Guys,

I have two separate scenarios that I am not sure the 3300 is capable of doing or how to do them if it is. Both scenarios are for external calls only and although I would know how to do this on the MiVO-250 I am unable to figure out how the 3300 could possibly do this.

[Scenario 1]

Call Type: External - Incoming calls from an external caller.

The user doesn't want outside calls to ring their phone, but they want some sort of visual indication that external calls are ringing their desk so they can pick up the call if they want to. Their current system call this voicemail interrupt.

They do however want to allow internal calls to ring through so they can answer them.

[Scenario 2]

Call Type: External - Incoming calls from an external caller.

The user wants to be able to enable/disable via a button external calls from ringing their phone and send them directly to voice mail.

They do however want to allow internal calls to ring through so they can answer them.

If anyone could explain how to do either one of these or something close to it then please explain it in detail so an idiot like me can understand it. If it is unable to do either one or even something along those lines could you explain why so I can pass that along too.

Thanks,

TE

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: External Call Conditioning [Scenarios]
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 08:06:41 PM »
Without by any means being an expert on the 3300, my first thought for Scenario1 would be ...
say you have extension 1000, full number 5555 1000
The user extension is programmed as 1000, a 2nd line key is programmed as 100*0 to not ring, the DID form sends 5555 1000 --> 100*0

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 08:09:52 PM »
I guess for Scenario2 you could program a handset key with the FAC for remote-forwarding 100*0 to voicemail.
If it's NuPoint, I think when it arrives at NuPoint, the NuPoint just ignores the * and sends it to 1000 VMBox.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 08:53:16 PM »
VinceWhirlwind,

Ah, I think I understand what you are saying. So you would create a Multidevice User Group [MDUG] that would send the incoming calls to the Secondary phone that is set to No Ring. Then Internal users could call the main extension which would still ring. Your 3300 skills are far greater than mine as I didn't even consider that option at all; I was looking at forwarding selections.

Your second solution answer is one I am not following along with. If 100*0 is set to No Ring then how does the external call ever ring the phone? Is there a FAC that allows a user to change the Ring Type of a DN button; which in reality would solve both problems?

Thanks,

TE

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 10:15:21 PM »
"No Ring" means the key the line is on on the handset will light up but not ring

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 05:23:29 AM »
From your scenario, I am pretty sure an MDUG doesn't give you what you want - you want internal calls to ring 1000, and external calls to ring 100*0, which lights up a key on the handset instead of ringing it.
You use the DID form on the controller to do that.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 08:10:01 AM »
Don't you hate it when the 3300 gives you every feature in the world except the ones you need?
For example, in Call Rerouting Assignment you can set it so when in DND external calls will ring through but not external.  But then they don't let you set it up the other way around.  It's a PITA.

I tried to think of a way to do this and could only come up with one hack that I think might work.
You can try this:
1) You're going to need FIVE buttons for every device that wants to do this.
- Prime line
- A second line where the DID is pointed to that is set to "Ring".
- A third line set to "No Ring"
- Two Speed Dial buttons.

2) You'll need to be sure that you are routing calls via the Direct Inward Dialing Service.  Route them to the second line on the phone.  You'll probably have to play with the numbering to get it to work properly with whatever VM you're using.

3) Set up two speed dial keys on the phone.
-Button one is a FAC speed dial for Remote Call Forwarding ON.  It will forward line 2 to line 3.
-Button two is a FAC speed dial for Remote Call Forwarding OFF.

4) In system Rerouting, route line 2 to VM on RNA.

Useage:  When user wants external calls to ring he presses the speed dial button for Remote Call Forwarding off.  His line 2 will now ring.
When user wants to silence external calls, he presses the speed dial button for Remote Call Forwarding on.  The 2nd line of his phone (The Ringing DID Button) will forward to his third line.  It will just flash.

If the user needs more than one line then you set up more ringing lines and put them in a hunt group.  You would forward the hunt group to the non-ringing line.

I hope you don't have to do very many of these.

Ralph

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 03:55:56 PM »
Guys,

Both of your solutions seem great, but how would you handle external calls that get transferred via an Auto Attendant? I just realized that both of the solutions required directing the DID to the secondary line, which is a great idea, but if the Directory or a button press sends them to the Prime Line then neither of these solutions would work; am I correct on that assumption?

Ralph,

You are definitely correct in that it is frustrating to finally work on the 3300 and realize that things I find to be simple programming in the MiVO-250 is not easy or doable in the 3300. You get so many options that it seems as though it is superior in every way to the 250, but then things like this just keep popping up and our current 3300 guys have never done anything like it before; arrrrgh!! I know at some point I will figure out the logic and limitations of the 3300, but for now I have to lean heavily on others to help solve problems like these.

Thanks,

TE

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 09:57:06 PM »
Depending on the VM what you may be able to do is have the VM xfer to button 2 in my scenario above.  Then the remote CFWD would still work.

Ralph

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 01:23:55 PM »
Ralph,

The system will be a MiVoice Business Express so they will be using the NuPoint for their VM if that makes any difference.

Also, after re-reading your first explanations I noticed you stated that you hoped that it wouldn't be used a lot. The problem is for the solutions that each teacher gets to choice from so the majority of 200+ phones will be setup based on one of the two scenarios.

Thanks,

TE

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 04:16:25 PM »
Sometimes you need to back off the "this is what our old system did" and embrace the features that the new system actually has.

Sounds to me like this whole business of getting external incoming calls to behave in a particular way on the Mitel is going to be like banging a square peg through a round hole. Maybe nip it in the bud.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10