Author Topic: Changing Outbound Caller ID to Blocked  (Read 3722 times)

Offline RichT

• View Profile
Changing Outbound Caller ID to Blocked
« on: June 20, 2017, 06:57:28 AM »
Hi All

We currently use a Mitel 3300 system and our supplier changed some settings for us last year to change our Outbound number from 'Blocked' to '01234 567890' for all our extensions. I can see this configured on the 'DID Ranges for CPN Substitution' (Trunks > Digital > ISDN > Outgoing Call Characteristics). I can work out how to alter this/add additional ranges but I didn't take any notes at the time on the original config and we now need to revert back to hiding our companies telephone number.

Is this a quick change to make? If I need to provide more info please let me know (I'm a relatively inexperienced Mitel administrator).

Thank you  :)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Outbound Caller ID to Blocked
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 07:56:34 AM »
You want it to say "Blocked" when you call someone?
The Mitel itself does not send the word "Blocked".  That's up to the carrier.
In order to get the carrier to send it you'll need to send them a code. 
That code could vary depending on who your carrier is and where you're at in the world.
In order to send the code you'll need to modify your ARS in the Digit Modification form.
It will probably look like this: Aborb=1, Insert=<code>

Ralph

Offline RichT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:37:15 AM »
Hi Ralph

Thanks for your reply. We just need the number to be hidden when we make an outbound call. Should I speak to our ISDN provider to discuss the code that is needed?

The ARS Digit Modification form shows as attached.

Thanks
Rich

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 09:48:04 AM »
Hi,

I would guess your in the UK?  Try editing the Digit Modification plan to insert 141 as thats the BT code for withhold number.  I do the opposite on our system and have to insert 1470 to make it display!

Stephen

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 09:32:58 AM »
Hi,

If you always want the number barred the quickest solution I would assume would be to go to:

Trunks > Digital > ISDN > Outgoing Call Cha.... > Calling Line ID Restriction and change it to restrict. If the provider lets the PBX decide the calls should be "blocked/private" on external devices.

UK uses as far as I know Euro ISDN(30) so I would think that solution will work fine.

If you want to define it on a per call basis let me know because that is a bit more text and work :)

Cheers,

Dutch

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 01:10:28 PM »
The one thing you have to watch is that BT don't always respect the restrict flag (there are actually three levels caller id restrict works at the BT side; one is respect the flag from the switch, one is set by the exchange to restrict and there is also one that BT deny that doesn't give out the caller id to anything or anyone except the user. You won't get this unless you are very special)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10