Author Topic: Mitai monitoring issue  (Read 2094 times)

Offline rlafata

• View Profile
Mitai monitoring issue
« on: June 19, 2017, 03:50:58 PM »
Back in February 2016 we upgraded our 3300 to release 7.0.  Soon after the upgrade we starting having issues with call center clients not working and calls not being recorded on Oaisys.  Open ticket with my vendor.  Found out we had maxed out or mitai monitoring of 2,000.  Mitel suggested we upgrade Prairiefrye, Oaisys, IQ, Nupoint, Teleworker and SRC.  We did all this and still did not correct issue.  Now Mitel suggest we move the controller to a VM which supports 20,000 mitai monitors.  Our current voice network will make it very difficult to do this.

Anybody had this issue and know of any options?
Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Mitai monitoring issue
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 01:28:12 AM »
You mean you have analog devices to support?

You could do this one of two ways:
1/ buy a new controller licence, build a new vMCD and cluster it with the old one. Move the non-analog users so their primary controller is the new vMCD.

2/ buy an upgrade to vMCD licence and upgrade it to a virtual server. Buy some ATAs to support the analog devices and configure them as SIP devices via the ATAs on the new controller.

Offline rlafata

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 10:17:23 AM »
We do have analog devices.  Our vendor has suggested option 1.  So I guess the only option is moving to a VM?  UGH!

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 07:31:39 PM »
The difference between a new vMCD licence and an upgrade to vMCD licence is a few hundred dollars.
If you don't currently have an enterprise licence (allowing clustering) on the 3300, you would have to upgrade that licence to do Option 1.

If you were only supporting a few analog devices, the upgrade option wouldn't be more expensive, and you would end up with just one controller to support instead of two.

I think a vMCD is preferable to a hardware controller, it's the way of the future.

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 07:20:00 AM »
Hi,

systems have finite Mitai monitors you can set. Mitai monitors are set agaistn devices that are recorded, MiCC call center and any other app that interrogates a device's state/information.

There was a change in the way Mitai monitors are consumed (very vaguely remember something along these lines).
If you have any device(s) including hunt groups, trunks etc not requiring any sort of monitoring you could de-program these. I'm very rusty on this topic but in essence without sufficient capacity, you will start seeing some issues.

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 09:49:48 AM »
Hi,

Also "IP Device Only" phones and other devices you can disable the HCI options in the COS to remove the monitors I believe for all who don't need them.

Cheers,

Dutch

Offline rlafata

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 08:41:59 AM »
What do you mean by "IP Device Only" phones?   Phones that are not in contact centers or don't have voice mail?

Thanks, Rob

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 11:01:05 AM »
Well I was trying to extend on the info eugenej gave. Disabling the HCI options in the various class of services of devices who don't need them is a good first step to reduce monitors.

Since you mention Prairiefyre and SRC I assumed you use ACD. Therefor I also assumed you could be using hotdesk logins in your environment. In many environments where hotdesking is used, the physical phones are programmed with an IP-Device Only license in order to save on user licenses.

Those phones when not active by a hotdesk login, don't need a monitor as far as I know. The Class of Service on those devices might have the HCI options active by default.

So basically I am just trying to give you  options without me knowing the details of your Mitel setup.

Cheers

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10