Author Topic: Getting rid of that transfer message  (Read 3527 times)

Offline ausername

• View Profile
Getting rid of that transfer message
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:27:56 AM »
Hey guys,

I have a multi-level auto-attendant voicemail that's presenting different options to the caller.  The last option is to press 0 to leave us a message.  When the user presses 0, the multi level voicemail's operator number is 0.

The caller then hears "We're transfering you to"  followed by the voicemail 0 mailbox name (This system message is in French and the translation in this writeup might be slightly off).

Once the transfer is completed. The caller hears Voicemail 0's greeting message because of the call routing rules to send all Day / night1 / night2 service calls to our systems voicemail box.

I'm wondering if it's possible to remove that initial "We're transfering you to"  system message?

HALP!

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Re: Getting rid of that transfer message
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:02:20 AM »

Offline ausername

• View Profile
Re: Getting rid of that transfer message
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 03:44:03 PM »
Maybe this can help you:

http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=9844.msg43675#msg43675

It did!

But I wanted to take the time to clarify why some of the information found in that thread is wrong.

Your post says that you were able to remove the "you are being tansfered to" system message by changing the technician code to 11.  After looking into it, there are 2 technician codes that are configurable via the administrator's mailbox.  The first one is for the non-busy options and the second one is for the busy options.  There are different values that can be entered here and this website ( http://www.mitelforums.com/articles/3300/mailbox-greeting-options.php ) helped me found the right one for our case.

That being said, what removed the system message was found via a piece of information that I found in your thread. 

In another thread related to this issue ( http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=9532.msg42007#msg42007 ) you said:

I created a new VM box (199 in my case), set mailbox type = "Message Only"

So I looked into the help file and found this info:

Mailbox Types

The following mailbox types are available:

Extension - the auto-attendant will transfer a caller to the mailbox's associated extension. If the called party is busy or does not answer, the caller will be prompted to leave a message in the mailbox. The extension mailbox may be linked to other mailboxes for transfer only (dual mailboxes). This permits the caller to transfer to other mailboxes in the same department.

Message-Only - the auto-attendant will not attempt a transfer but will immediately prompt the caller to leave a message in the mailbox.

Transfer-Only - the auto-attendant will transfer a caller to the mailbox's associated extension but will not take a message if the called party is busy or does not answer.

Information-Only - the auto-attendant will only play the mailbox greeting; no transfer or prompt to leave a message will occur.

Menu Node Mailboxes - allow you to set up a hierarchical menu structure for multi-level auto attendant (MLAA) operation. In an MLAA system, callers reaching the Auto Attendant are routed from the main menu through to one or more additional sub menus until their call is answered. The system plays the appropriate Open or Closed greetings for this type of mailbox and transfers callers from the mailbox to other mailboxes or extensions.

Guest - provide guests in hotels/motels with basic voice mail functionality: playing messages, record personal greetings, and setting wake-up calls. This mailbox type is only available if the Hospitality Option is enabled.

Front Desk - used by front desk staff in hotels/motels to administer guest mailboxes. Administration functions include setting the status of a guest mailbox to checked-in or checked-out and the language for the mailbox voice prompts.

Again,  thanks!!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10