Author Topic: PKM IM ribbon cable  (Read 809 times)

Offline CatatonicBug

• View Profile
PKM IM ribbon cable
« on: June 13, 2017, 03:16:33 PM »
We were recently forced to upgrade the software on our 3300, and unfortunately, that created a ripple... The new update rendered 9 of our phones (5235's) useless, as they are no longer supported! Unfortunately, these were our "Executive" phones, and two of them had PKMs on them. I obtained replacement phones (now 5330's) and the updated PKM IM unit (50005662) that plugs into the backs of them. Unfortunately, I still get no power to the PKMs. I located a PDF that seems to show a small 4-wire ribbon cable that plugs into the circuit board on the phone, and also into the IM. I assume this is where the power comes from?

Anyone have any leads on where to find these cables? The connectors are different on each end, and I have been unable to locate a seller for the cables.

Offline Davey Boy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: PKM IM ribbon cable
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
Hi, they usually come with the PKM, small plastic package.

Offline CatatonicBug

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 05:56:48 PM »
Yeah, that would have been nice, but the PKM itself is many years old, and only came with the RJ-45 cable that links between the PKM-48 and the Interface Module. I need the tiny 4-wire cable that goes between the circuit board on the Interface Module and the Phone itself.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 07:45:30 PM »
I doubt you will find a source. I'm not certain of the pitch on the micro side, but one side I believe is a ZH JST connector while the other is either a 1.25mm or 1.0 mm micro JST.

You could likely find both pigtails on ebay coming out of China. I guess you could b-crimp them to created these or solder and heat shrink.

That would be what I'd try. I don't know your urgency.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10