Author Topic: 911 Issue  (Read 1246 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
911 Issue
« on: June 09, 2017, 08:21:31 AM »
I had a site tell me they couldn't dial 911 or 9911. When I look at the routing all looks normal as those calls would go out the local trunks. I couldn't see anything when performing a CCS trace enable continuous but SMDR wasn't turned on for Internal calls on my trunks COS. However, external was turned on and I would think that's all I would need? They end user told me there's no error the phone says local but the call never connects. I do have a slight delay when calling those numbers due to accidental 911 calls but that's never been an issue before. I'm wondering what other ways might I troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks,

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 911 Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:36:21 AM »
If you have access to that network I usually make a test extension and PIN a phone to that controller and test. 911 operators I have worked with are always understanding if I let them know I'm calling as a test from x address and I also ask them to verify the E911 number I'm transmitting is correct and matches what's in the Master Street Address Guide.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 09:58:12 AM »
If you have access to that network I usually make a test extension and PIN a phone to that controller and test. 911 operators I have worked with are always understanding if I let them know I'm calling as a test from x address and I also ask them to verify the E911 number I'm transmitting is correct and matches what's in the Master Street Address Guide.

It depends on where you are. I've had some operators be very easy to work with and read the address back. I've had others tell me they can't disclose what their display says, I had to read off the address that I though was correct and they could only confirm or deny that's what they got on their display. Others have said I need to talk to a supervisor and make an appointment to make test calls (granted, this was in a very large city).

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 03:34:43 PM »
Are all local calls going out these pots?

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 04:10:25 PM »
yes, all local calls are going out the POTS. However, I would say 90% or more people dial 9 then 1 area code which sends the call over WAN and out a PRI.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »
I believe I found the issue, something is going on with their local lines as they cannot grab the individual trunk and make outbound calls.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10