Author Topic: Unable to unlight MWI - MCD  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Erik

• View Profile
Unable to unlight MWI - MCD
« on: June 08, 2017, 02:05:15 PM »
Hi guys,

We had an extension set up as a multiline appearance group and had phones set with a MWI for the VM. We discovered that this was no longer being used and it was deleted. Unfortunately, the MWI is lit and we are unable to remove it from phones because it is in use. Is there an easy way to get this MWI unlit so that we can remove it from extensions, or do we need to recreate the original multiline appearance group and add a VM to clear?

We've scoured the forums for a solution but haven't had success with what we've found so far.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Unable to unlight MWI - MCD
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 06:55:09 PM »
#33nnnn
where nnnn is the extension number of the phone that has the MWI lit up that you want to turn off.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 09:17:20 PM »
#33nnnn
where nnnn is the extension number of the phone that has the MWI lit up that you want to turn off.

This will depend on what is programmed in your Feature Codes.

I would just re-create the DN and then clear the message.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 11:32:48 PM »
It takes 2 seconds to switch the light off with #33.

You might need to put your handset into a special CoS group if you want to issue it remotely.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 02:43:21 AM »
Yes but if there is a voicemail message turning the light off doesn't delete the message.

You could probably just remove the MWI using FAC and then delete the mailbox if it is no longer required, or log in and delete the message.

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 01:10:50 PM »
Thanks Vince!

We added it to a special COS and we were finally able to unlight it.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 08:31:00 PM »
Yes but if there is a voicemail message turning the light off doesn't delete the message.

You could probably just remove the MWI using FAC and then delete the mailbox if it is no longer required, or log in and delete the message.

It sounded as if Erik had already removed the handset from the group that owned the mailbox that had lit his MWI.
I like having voicemail sent to email, and then not using MWI at all, because users find it annoying and every now and then it lights up for no apparent reason or stays lit when it shouldn't.

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 01:44:06 PM »
It is actually a dumb story. The handset was mine, and I added the MWI on it because we were replacing a bunch of handsets at our office and I was trying to swap them out without impacting users, so before and after hours. They had a VM that they shared and had 20 or so people responsible for retrieving and clearing VM. There was frequently a VM in there waiting, so I was unable to swap their handsets due to their MWI being in use. So I addedthe MWI on my phone so that I could see when it was unlit and would swap the handsets in the MCD and physically replace them. This project completed, but I was lazy about removing the MWI. After some time, that team started using a cloud solution, so they no longer needed the VM and so it was removed. I didn't get the memo, and for whatever reason my MWI stayed lit even though the attached VM was removed.

Adding my handset to a special COS and then the #33nnnn code did the trick.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10