Author Topic: Need to Free Up Phones  (Read 1728 times)

Offline ChadH

• View Profile
Need to Free Up Phones
« on: June 05, 2017, 11:07:42 AM »
I have a couple of physical 5320 IP phones that are currently registered to users.
These users are no longer with the company, however, need their extensions forwarded to other users for 60 days.
I need to reissue these phones (not extensions) for new hires.
Is there a way to disassociate the phone, but keep the extension forwarding so I can reconfigure the phone for a new user?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Need to Free Up Phones
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:35:24 AM »
I have a couple of physical 5320 IP phones that are currently registered to users.
These users are no longer with the company, however, need their extensions forwarded to other users for 60 days.
I need to reissue these phones (not extensions) for new hires.
Is there a way to disassociate the phone, but keep the extension forwarding so I can reconfigure the phone for a new user?
You don't need a phone to forward... just set the forwarding, or do it in Users & Devices - Advanced - Call Forwarding, then delete the MAC address from the current extension. You can then reassign that device to any other user you wish.

BTW, it will still consume a license this way... You can go into your DID Routing Table (or system speed call if it's the "old" way) and just point the numbers to the forward extension point, then you can delete the whole user and reclaim the license.

Offline ChadH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:37:55 AM »
I do have CF setup through the CF Profile yes.  So all i have to do is delete the MAC from the Users & Devices list under the user name/extension list?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 12:06:54 PM »
I do have CF setup through the CF Profile yes.  So all i have to do is delete the MAC from the Users & Devices list under the user name/extension list?
Yes, removing the MAC address will immediately disassociate the device from the current user... If it is connected to the network it will return the "Enter PIN" screen immediately.

Offline ChadH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 12:38:53 PM »
OMG, #facepalm!
Thanks man!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10