Author Topic: Change phone boot timeout settings  (Read 1157 times)

Offline gbalbach

• View Profile
Change phone boot timeout settings
« on: April 04, 2017, 02:38:00 PM »
Hi folks, anyone know if there is a way to change the 5360 boot timeout settings if it can't find a call server? We are currently using DHCP option 43 to configure out phones, with 2 call servers - one private one public - this way if connection 1 is down, and the phone is booted/rebooted it will try connection 2. There seems to be about a 60 second delay while it tries to connect to call server 1, any way to reduce that to say 30 seconds?

Here is a our opt 43 example:

id:ipphone.mitel.com;sw_tftp=1.1.1.1;call_srv=1.1.1.1,2.2.2.2;vlan=20;l2p=6v6s6;dscp46v46s26

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Change phone boot timeout settings
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 03:47:45 PM »
Hi folks, anyone know if there is a way to change the 5360 boot timeout settings if it can't find a call server? We are currently using DHCP option 43 to configure out phones, with 2 call servers - one private one public - this way if connection 1 is down, and the phone is booted/rebooted it will try connection 2. There seems to be about a 60 second delay while it tries to connect to call server 1, any way to reduce that to say 30 seconds?

Here is a our opt 43 example:

id:ipphone.mitel.com;sw_tftp=1.1.1.1;call_srv=1.1.1.1,2.2.2.2;vlan=20;l2p=6v6s6;dscp46v46s26
Hmmm... are talking about a phone in service and a link goes down, or just when booting? Also local or Teleworker through an MBG

If just in booting, then there is no way to change the timeouts... it will attempt to connect to CS1 for a predetermined amount of time, then attempt CS2 for the same amount of time, and reboot if no response.

If you mean failing over well in operation, that has nothing to do with DHCP or startup parameters in the phone, after the phone registers to any controller in the cluster, it is told what it's primary and secondary ICP is, DHCP is only for initial contact, but the ICPs have timers for failover and back.

I am more interested in how you got the phone to accept 2 ICP addresses with Option 43... We have only ever been able to get that to work using Option 125.

Offline gbalbach

• View Profile
Re: Change phone boot timeout settings
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 04:08:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply - using that string i showed you, it works fine on our current setup at boot (while it is grabbing the DHCP info), all our phones are 5360's so maybe that's why it works, I know some models don't play nice with that.
I did not realize that multiple call_srv's were an option until I found it in an old post from someone else before, just need to have the comma in there between the 2 ip's...

As for having it failover and back while the phone is already booted between ICP's that is something we are looking into.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10