Author Topic: ACD timer question  (Read 1466 times)

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
ACD timer question
« on: March 14, 2017, 12:51:28 PM »
I have a customer that is requiring to play a full 7 second message before the phone rings for the agent. For example when the call comes into the call center, a 7 second message plays "your call may be recorded type message". They want the caller to fully hear this message before the call center acd agent phone rings. I have adjusted all the timers I find relevant but the acd phone still rings as soon as dialed. The agent can answer the phone before the message fully plays. What timer would hold off on ringing the agent phone until that message plays?

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Re: ACD timer question
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:01:57 PM »
You may need to have 2 ACD paths (the first will interflow to the second after 7 seconds), the first one will just play the message and the 2nd will allow the agents to answer. This is how I would try to set it up, maybe others will suggest better solution.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 01:29:48 PM »
You may need to have 2 ACD paths (the first will interflow to the second after 7 seconds), the first one will just play the message and the 2nd will allow the agents to answer. This is how I would try to set it up, maybe others will suggest better solution.

That's how I'd set it up.
I might put two RAD in a hunt group so that I would be more confident that all callers would hear it.

Ralph

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 02:07:23 PM »
thank you both for the replies. So to make sure I am clear. Upload the message to ACD path 1. Set interflow enabled to yes and the interflow point DN to the 2nd path with a 7 second timer? Set the ACD path 2 with the call center folks to answer?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 04:14:43 PM »
I'd set the interflow timer a little longer than the message.  I'd guess about 10 seconds.  You'll know for sure during your testing.  And when you test, see what happens when you put two calls in at the same time.

Ralph

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 12:17:31 PM »
Thanks for the help Ralph, got it going.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10