Author Topic: HTML Application Updating  (Read 874 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
HTML Application Updating
« on: March 14, 2017, 11:46:44 AM »
Hello,

I had 15 or so phones that I know of including my own phone that displayed updating HTML on the LCD screen and cut me off a conference call. The updated for several minutes then came back up only to do the same thing again a few minutes later but for a shorter period of time.

Any suggestions as to why this happened or how to prevent it in the future? I have been looking through the logs and nothing stands out and nothing has changed on the network in which all these phones experienced this.
thanks,

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: HTML Application Updating
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:25:37 PM »
If they're not TW phones, then I'd look at the PBX to see if the phone went resilient.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 03:34:58 PM »
Ralph,

I found the following as this happened again with less phones. None of these phones are TW or resilient phones. However, some of the phones at location A are actually programmed off location B. However, this happened to my phone which is at location A and programmed off A. When I look at the All IP Telphones form it shows my phone and almost all of the phones at location A as in service and fail over. Below is the definition out of the help file. I'm not sure what would cause a select number of phones to lose connection to it's home system. If there was a network issue it would of caused way more issues at location A then 15 or so phones.

any other thoughts on how this could of happened?

"Fail Over": the telephone has re-homed after losing contact with its MiVoice Business system (for example, due to a MiVoice Business failure, network error, etc.). On resilient phones, this message indicates the phone lost contact with its MiVoice Business system and then reestablished contact with either its primary or secondary MiVoice Business system. On non-resilient phones, the message indicates the phone lost and then reestablished contact with its home system.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 04:20:09 PM »
Hmmmm.
These phones don't have a resilient controller?

It would sound like to me then that the phones are resetting because they're losing their heartbeats.  Have you seen any heartbeat logs?  You may want to see if there are any errors on the dataswitch ports too.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »
nope, my phone has only the one home element location A in this case. No errors on switch port as I thought maybe a power issue but there's no logs on the switch related to power. However, when looking at the powerinline commands i have noticed some phone show class 3 vs 2 don't know if that's good or bad yet.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10