Author Topic: 3rd party headset (direct connect) for Mitel 5330e 3300 mXe III 8.0  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
installing a 3300 in a campus environment.

One of the locations had a Nortel BCM, and it seems the Plantronic HW540 direct connect headsets do not work direct connect into the headset jack, unless I run it through an M22 adapter. Plantronics compatibility shows the HW540 and the A10 connector for the 5530 and that is what we ordered, but it doesn't seem to work. The only headset that does work directly seems to be a couple of GN Netcom (unknown model number). I have added a headset key to the phones.

Does anyone have suggestions for a 3rd party convertible headset for this phone type.

Jim

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 3rd party headset (direct connect) for Mitel 5330e 3300 mXe III 8.0
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 04:26:41 PM »
installing a 3300 in a campus environment.

One of the locations had a Nortel BCM, and it seems the Plantronic HW540 direct connect headsets do not work direct connect into the headset jack, unless I run it through an M22 adapter. Plantronics compatibility shows the HW540 and the A10 connector for the 5530 and that is what we ordered, but it doesn't seem to work. The only headset that does work directly seems to be a couple of GN Netcom (unknown model number). I have added a headset key to the phones.

Does anyone have suggestions for a 3rd party convertible headset for this phone type.

Jim
You connect the A10 adapter to the headset port on the bottom of the phone, then program a Headset key on the phone. Once you toggle the Headset mode on, you use the speaker button as the onhook/offhook toggle for the headset.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 08:45:54 AM »

[/quote]
You connect the A10 adapter to the headset port on the bottom of the phone, then program a Headset key on the phone. Once you toggle the Headset mode on, you use the speaker button as the onhook/offhook toggle for the headset.
[/quote]

Yeah, I tried that and it doesn't work with the Plantronics HX540 headset, but it does work with the GN Netcom headset...

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 09:51:26 AM »
Hmm... Weird.

When I run into these weird headset issues I usually call Plantronics or HelloDirect.

I love the people at HelloDirect, they aren't the cheapest for headsets, but they know their stuff... at least in the instances we have used them.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 01:46:54 PM »
I believe I have dealt with HelloDirect before...I'll call them...thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10