Author Topic: Mitel 3300 + SMTP2GO relay  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Saltrock23

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 + SMTP2GO relay
« on: February 28, 2017, 04:12:35 AM »
Hi

I have a site which used to have the Mitel and Exchange all on same LAN.  This has changed and now the servers and exchange have moved and the Mitel stayed.  They use VM to email and wish this to continue.
I have signed up for the free smtp2go site.  I have asked for an SPF record to be added.  The issue is how to connect the Mitel to it.  Would i need to configure the WAN side of the Mitel and assign it the external ip Address of the Router?  Or if i just leave it configured on its on local network which has internet access would it just be able to send out to the mail.smtp2go.com or would it need this as an IP??

Thanks in Advance

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 3300 + SMTP2GO relay
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 08:39:45 AM »
Hi

I have a site which used to have the Mitel and Exchange all on same LAN.  This has changed and now the servers and exchange have moved and the Mitel stayed.  They use VM to email and wish this to continue.
I have signed up for the free smtp2go site.  I have asked for an SPF record to be added.  The issue is how to connect the Mitel to it.  Would i need to configure the WAN side of the Mitel and assign it the external ip Address of the Router?  Or if i just leave it configured on its on local network which has internet access would it just be able to send out to the mail.smtp2go.com or would it need this as an IP??

Thanks in Advance
Seeings how they have 4 IP's, I would use the DNS name. Make sure you have valid DNS setup in the system and the PBX can get to the internet. Should be pretty straight forward by the looks of it, the support straight up port 25 SMTP, so you should be good.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10