Author Topic: MCD 3300 8.0 MXe Raid alarm shows faulty HDD  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
MCD 3300 8.0 MXe Raid alarm shows faulty HDD
« on: February 20, 2017, 04:19:00 PM »
I have a 3300 with redundant HDDs (RAID) and I have an alarm showing a faulty hard drive. How do I determine which one it is.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MCD 3300 8.0 MXe Raid alarm shows faulty HDD
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 09:06:20 PM »
I have a 3300 with redundant HDDs (RAID) and I have an alarm showing a faulty hard drive. How do I determine which one it is.
You look at the LEDs on the controller. Look in the technicians handbook, there are LEDs for each drive, the bad one will have a fault/access LED combination of colors and blinking to tell you the problem.

If you replace one, it must be the EXACT same drive, same part number, revision, etc... if you replace it with a slightly different drive it won't work. Typically I suggest replacing the pair if one fails unless you are absolutely positive you have a matching replacement drive.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 08:11:11 AM »
I have the MXe III and both HDD lights on the back are blinking and are the same color (blue). I found a maintenance command for the RAID and the redundancy and the RAID array doesn't see the second HDD. This is a three week old system and the fault didn't pop up until Friday. The THB states call Mitel for warranty work, so I guess that's my next option.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 08:40:42 AM »
I have the MXe III and both HDD lights on the back are blinking and are the same color (blue). I found a maintenance command for the RAID and the redundancy and the RAID array doesn't see the second HDD. This is a three week old system and the fault didn't pop up until Friday. The THB states call Mitel for warranty work, so I guess that's my next option.
If you can, then I would... Better safe than sorry. Just do a backup while you can. :)

I have so few systems with RAID, much less actual trouble with them, I just don't work on them enough to know the all the little tricks. Seems everyone does virtual these days.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10