Author Topic: Rebuilding a 3300 ICP which is part of a cluster  (Read 1228 times)

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
Rebuilding a 3300 ICP which is part of a cluster
« on: December 16, 2016, 10:22:18 AM »
Hi Everyone.  We recently upgraded our systems to 7.2.  It's a cluster with 17 network elements all part of SDS network.  All but one did not complete the upgrade because of a database problem.

We need to rebuild this one system from scratch with the upgraded software.  Since it is part of a cluster and SDS sharing network, can we just disable its SDS sharing, rebuild it with the crucial information (ie. IP, local network element information, IP/XNET etc), enable its SDS sharing, then start sync and sharing to it from another network element?

I know the steps to remove an element from a cluster is extensive, and there are forums about it.  I'm not sure if the same steps apply since we're technically replacing the system.

Thank you, as always, for taking the time to read this post.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Rebuilding a 3300 ICP which is part of a cluster
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »
Do you have a database backup that is good but even several weeks or months old? Just do a clean install, restore what you have, do a full sync and clean up... unless this is an extremely active site it would be better than trying to cleanup the mess. 

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 11:04:43 AM »
Yes, what kind of database problem ? Can't you just do a backup and restore (with the old version) to sort that error, then upgrade ?

Backup and restore is magic and for many various problems you can get, tech support will ask you to do it first.

What you want to do I'm afraid will create a big mess, as now 16 systems will be aware of the extensions you had on the 17th, and the 17th will have nothing.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:08:14 AM by Ronan »

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 10:11:23 AM »
We did the upgrade, then did a database restore of what we thought was a good backup.  When the restore was completed, many forms like the users and devices, remote directory forms were blank.  Since this is a very active system, with the maintenance window on it almost over, we had no choice but to do a swap to the old version.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10