Author Topic: Best practice for adding a network element  (Read 2770 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Best practice for adding a network element
« on: December 07, 2016, 10:41:42 AM »
I am bit out of my element here... First I want to say that other in basic systems or 3300 class, I've never setup a system from scratch, always use the configuration wizard.

I have a current running MiCollab/vMCD setup in the US, and have to deploy a new MiCollab/vMCD in Ireland, the VMs are spun up but other than that untouched. Is it easiest to set these up using MiCW and get it working then add it as a network element to the US 3300 or something else? The implementation will have MiCollab peering and sharing trunking but separate MiCollab services.

Just looking for some guidance, I'm very familiar with the 3300 and MiCollab, just a bit out of my element here.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Best practice for adding a network element
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 11:23:56 AM »
I reckon use the MiCW and get it working then add the network element. Never done it but it seems to be  the sensible way of doing it.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 01:37:28 PM »
I reckon use the MiCW and get it working then add the network element. Never done it but it seems to be  the sensible way of doing it.
That is kind of what I was thinking too... MiCW is a bit finicky sometimes, hoping someone that has done something similar (wouldn't have to be across the world necessarily) will comment too.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 05:30:51 PM »
You may still run into having 2 MiCollabs, which isn't supported as network elements

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 05:40:46 PM »
If you want 2 MiCollabs, you need 2 clusters, I think?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 05:57:07 PM »
I can't have 2 MiCollabs in a cluster?!?! Hmm... I know I can't make them see each other this way (that is what peering is for) but can't I have each one only defined as a network element in each MCD?

MCD-A is the DLM and is PBX 1
MCD-B is a slave and is PBX 2
MCD-A and MCD-B are both sharing network elements
MiCollab-A has only a network element of PBX-A
MiCollab-B has only a network element of PBX-B

AMC let me add the second MiCollab in the Group ARID and allocate UCC licenses to each MiCollab server, and the second PBX in the DLM group.

I am almost ready to push the config with MiCW... but now I am questioning what it is going to do. I told it to config MiCollab-B (it didn't ask about any other MiCollab), configure the cluster with the master element and the new one as PBX 2. Is it going to add PBX-A as a network element to MiCollab-B automatically? It did ask me for login credentials to the new PBX and to the Network Cluster Master PBX (PBX-A)?

EDIT: Hmm... I called sales engineering and they said I can have up to 8 MiCollabs in a single cluster, but only 2 in a single DLM and need to so something weird with SDS sharing scopes. I am going to hold off doing anything for now and call tech support in the morning.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 06:24:59 PM by acejavelin »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 07:10:21 PM »
Might be the sharing thing. I didn't work on a similar setup, but a coworker did and I know it is not what I should be even with adjusting sharing scope. I think my involvement was to say you need to peer the servers.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 08:58:26 PM »
Yeah, had a good little chat with tech support this morning... ONE MiCollab server per cluster, period... at least as a network element (you could use it as a non-sharing server for it's services such as MBG), they basically told me SE was crazy. We are just going to use the US MiCollab as the main voicemail/awc server for everywhere and just deploy a vMCD and vMBG for local trunking and add it into the existing cluster and skip the MiCollab there all together.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10