Author Topic: Micollab Client on an iPhone  (Read 1376 times)

Offline rhys.ci.hughes

• View Profile
Micollab Client on an iPhone
« on: December 05, 2016, 11:09:43 AM »
Hello All

Just wondering if anyone has an Idiots guide to setting up Micollab client on an iPhone. I am still waiting to get my SSL cert that I know I need but its just a few things on the MCD and MAS Im not sure about. I ideally want to pair this with a desk phone, so does this have to be a MDU on the MCD and is it going to be a UC Endpoint for the Micollab phone or a App Server port. Or is this all wrong and does it have to be EHDU.

Which ever the above need to be, I assume it needs to have an entry in the Telephone Directory for when the Micollab syncs with the MCD. As you can probably tell, this is going to be my first attempt, so any tips are very welcome.

I have already registered the MBG to the Client deployment and token is active in that part. cheers

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Micollab Client on an iPhone
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 01:24:27 PM »
You would create a UC endpoint under the user in MiCollab as a multi-device, then add it to that users MUDG. Setup the SIP endpoint (UC endpoint) as a MBG user. Make sure you have SIP enabled in the MBG (it is disabled by default). The Telephone directory is automatically updated assuming you have SDS between MiCollab and the MCD. That should be all that is needed, if you want to toggle softphone off and on, you can do it via a Group Presence key on the phone, otherwise just leave it as Present in the MUDG.

Offline rhys.ci.hughes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 12:55:03 AM »
Thank you for your reply acejavelin. Can you setup a UC endpoint so you can call it directly or is it all managed via the MUDG with Grp presence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 04:30:56 PM »
Thank you for your reply acejavelin. Can you setup a UC endpoint so you can call it directly or is it all managed via the MUDG with Grp presence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can, but it consumes another license (needs to be Full service), so it depends on your licensing.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10