Author Topic: License Violation  (Read 2379 times)

Offline brogerson

• View Profile
License Violation
« on: December 01, 2016, 03:22:05 PM »
I have a cluster of 3 systems with 7.2 software.  I am in license violation and the Maintenance command License Status says I am over allocated.

I have checked the license and options form on all three sites and am not over allocated on anything

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: License Violation
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 04:39:11 PM »
Monday I had an MXe Server go into license violation.
What happened was the system rebooted because the power was killed.
When it came up the clock was off.
Correcting the clock fixed it.
Try a sync on the systems and then look at the logs to see if that gives you a clue.

Ralph

Offline saliou-ab

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 06:15:18 AM »
I had a similar experience.

When setting up my lab controller, I ran under License violation because I applied the ARID without setting up the correct date and time.

When I changed the date and time to the correct values the License violation had been cleared.

So check your dates on all controllers and remember if you did not use overallocation on one of your controllers for test purposes for example.

Saliou-AB.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 08:02:32 PM »
15 years ago, I used to support VoIP gateways (people used them to sell calling cards so they could provide a local number and then use the VoIP gateway to route the calls over the internet to a gateway in the destination country).
I had one customer who ran his system on demo licences - every 3 months, he would do his billing, then purge his database and re-set all the system clocks to a date a couple of years in the past so it would keep running on the demo licences within their licensed demo period.

Not only that, but the cheeky beggar would regularly log support requests under the terms of his demo licence.....he was such a loveable rogue, though, that I didn't have the heart to tell him to nick off.

Another customer doing something similar in Taiwan was not so friendly, however, and when I told him he couldn't get support, he threatened to use his contacts to have me sorted out....

Offline iboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 11:15:19 AM »
Vince, that is an awesome story, it gave me a good chuckle this morning.  Thanks!!

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 10:19:11 AM »
Funny story vincewhirlwind :)

I had a license violation just the other day and it was a small glitch on the MCD I think.  I had added more license for my system on the AMC.  I did a retrieve, which was almost instantaneous, did the license allocation, then I clicked on save which was also quick.  As soon as the window closed I got a license violation.

Redoing the steps above, cleared the license violation.  The 2nd time I did it, the retrieve took some time, as well as the save on the license window.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10