Author Topic: Polycom Soundstation  (Read 1209 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Polycom Soundstation
« on: November 30, 2016, 10:54:14 AM »
I have purchased a Polycom Soundstation 2W which should be able to do conference calls and I am having some issues getting this to work.

I created an analog phone number and programmed it accordingly. I've created a new COS and turned on conference calls and a few other options which I thought were needed with no luck. I can make a call and once person A pickups I hit the conf. key which prompts it to flash then I dial out to person B and and hit the conf. key again which should bring us all in and all the phone does it go to another flash screen.

When I hit flash the first time person A does go on hold as I get our on hold music and when after I call person B and hit the conf. key again they too go on hold with the our music. There's also a join softkey that shows up after you hit the conf. key and dial person B but that doesn't do anything either.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the COS form or some other area.

thanks,

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Polycom Soundstation
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 11:27:14 AM »
With analog lines you need to use a FAC in order to conference the calls together.

Dial A, press flash, dial B, press flash, dial FAC (now all parties are conferenced)
If it just toggles back and forth between A and B then be sure brokers call is not turned on in the COS.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 02:39:13 PM »
Thanks. I will try that as I was trying to use the FAC between Calling A and B but never tried it after calling B.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 01:03:52 AM »
Yeah, I've never been able to get these things to work - and I think I always tried dialling the FAC after dialling A.......

If this works, that would be cool...

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 10:47:40 AM »
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but did the above work for anyone? I still receive a busy signal when trying to enter the FAC. Brokers call is set to NO in the COS.

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 11:01:15 AM »
I got it working. You have to press flash twice before dialing the FAC. It is working now. Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10