Author Topic: Traditional ACD vs. HotDesk ACD  (Read 3501 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Traditional ACD vs. HotDesk ACD
« on: November 29, 2016, 04:45:20 PM »
So we in the process of testing the new 6930 and 6940 phones.

One thing we hadn't realized is that they are not compatible with traditional ACD, which we have a decent sized ACD group.

Mitel stated that they do not plan to support Traditional ACD with these phones (ever), as HotDesk ACD is now the preferred method.

Before I start testing HotDesk ACD and trying to find pro's and con's, I wanted to see if anyone else has changed ACD types before and what their thoughts were.

Thanks!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Traditional ACD vs. HotDesk ACD
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 07:21:51 PM »
I think this is where things are moving to.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 11:52:29 PM »
From the 8.0 Self Study update
6900 series phones cannot be programmed as traditional ACD Sets.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 03:58:10 AM »
I had changed in the past, there were some pros and cons.

Cons:
I used to have a DID associated to the device DN not the Agent ID as it would still ring if the agent was logged in.
Now with HDU the device DN goes out of service.
You need to program a single/multi line key for DID calls (or another way if not associated to the agent id)

Pro:
Group presence works, so no need to have different Agent IDs for different groups. You can just become present and absent in your groups.
You can now login into any device rather than having to have the device programmed as ACD, it just needs to allow HDU. Nice thing is all keys etc... move just like normal HDU.

I agree it is the way they are moving, not a bad thing IMO.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 09:40:01 AM »
I had changed in the past, there were some pros and cons.

Cons:
I used to have a DID associated to the device DN not the Agent ID as it would still ring if the agent was logged in.
Now with HDU the device DN goes out of service.
You need to program a single/multi line key for DID calls (or another way if not associated to the agent id)

Pro:
Group presence works, so no need to have different Agent IDs for different groups. You can just become present and absent in your groups.
You can now login into any device rather than having to have the device programmed as ACD, it just needs to allow HDU. Nice thing is all keys etc... move just like normal HDU.

I agree it is the way they are moving, not a bad thing IMO.

Thanks!

I guess my situation is maybe a bit different. Almost all of our phones are older, 5215 or 5220 phones, so no LCD buttons. So the buttons re-mapping upon login is frustrating. With the announcement that 5215 and 5220 will be EOL with MiVB 9, we are looking at replacing with 6930's. So at the moment I don't see much benefit to the button re-mappings.

Secondary issue I have is licensing. To make the switch, we'd have to purchase additional licenses to support the Hot Desk agents. So not thrilled with that.

And lastly is going to be a training issue or process re-thinking for our ACD groups.Right now our agents log out of the queue a lot throughout the day (vs. using DND or Make Busy), when they do non-ACD work. But people can still reach them on their extension/DID. So getting them to change that behavior will be tough.

To me I guess if you were a complete new install, it would be one thing. But getting users who are entrenched in doing things one way to suddenly change will be hard. <<Sorry for the rant>>

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 02:32:35 AM »
I totally agree, a new install would not be a problem. Transitioning to Hotdesk will take some teething for sure.
I still have a site with traditional ACD as it is what they are used to and there is no point changing at this stage.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10