Author Topic: VM Options Question  (Read 1060 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
VM Options Question
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:35:25 PM »
I've got a question about voicemail options.

Currently, the allow transfer to any number is set to True and I have restrict numbers that begin with 9 setup.
Maybe these two are not related but if I go into my personal mailbox and user options and change the personal contact under cell phone and plug in my actual cell phone number starting with 9 to get out followed by number it's not allowed. This is the behavior that I expected and wanted.

Now, if I change the number to a toll free number again beginning with 9 1-800...then call my desk phone and hit 2 to be transferred to my cell phone it actually transfers it to the 800 number. I didn't expect this result and I would like to stop this. Should, I just change the allow transfer to any number be disabled? I did try the reverse and put in the 800 number without the 9 and the call went no where.

If I disabled that options under VM options does this affect employees being able to transfer vm's to one another?

Thanks,

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: VM Options Question
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 04:47:54 PM »
I'd just disallow the 9.
If you can call 9+1800 but not 9+<anynumber> that means the toll free numbers are not restricted.
That's not uncommon.

What you could also do is give teh VM ports a unique COR and then restrict it by Maximum Digits dialed. 
If you restrict to 4 digits then it can't dial out anywhere.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:14:43 PM »
I would assume that the cor of the vm ports can call tolfree numbers. I think you can force this to use verified account codes to dial other numbers. I haven't done this, happy that you can turn the contact number thing off now.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 10:28:54 AM »
Thanks for the responses and will give it a try.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10