Author Topic: 5550 console can't use MiCC call flows  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
5550 console can't use MiCC call flows
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:13:06 AM »
Hello,

I've already opened a ticket about this with Mitel and they're basically saying it's normal, but I just want to ask you if you agree.

I'm managing a large cluster of Mitel 3300 IPBXs, and the various sites use a total of 25 5550 consoles. We also use an MiCC server for a dozen of call centers.

Problem, when a console operator calls one of the call centers, (s)he gets the initial prompt, the menu if there is one, but when it's time to transfer the call to the queue, it hangs up.

Mitel's answer is that to do the transfer, the call is put on hold, and a console can't be put on hold.

What are your thoughts ?

3300 MCD 6.0 SP3
MiCC 6.0.2.3

Thanks

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: 5550 console can't use MiCC call flows
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 03:28:18 AM »
What type of PSTN service does the call come in on? Does it occur on all consoles or only some (assuming that the consoles are spread across multiple sites and controllers)?

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:17:54 AM »
yes that is correct, if you can delay the answer on the path for a few seconds and blind transfer it will work,

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 09:50:19 AM »
What type of PSTN service does the call come in on? Does it occur on all consoles or only some (assuming that the consoles are spread across multiple sites and controllers)?

It's all on the same WAN, no PSTN involved. About 50 controllers and I have complaints all over. I tested the problem on a console that is on the same LAN as the MIVB and MiCC and it doesn't work better.

yes that is correct, if you can delay the answer on the path for a few seconds and blind transfer it will work,

If you mean that the console operator gets a call and transfers it to the call flow, then yes it works, that's what Mitel suggested too. But in reality the complaint I have is that it's the console operator herself that wants to call that hotline to get something fixed on her computer or something like that.

If there is no solution I will tell them to use a standard phone.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 10:22:16 AM »
Consoles are a different animal all together.
I don't think you can transfer a console.  (I'm not even sure you can queue to an ACD path)
If she's calling some type of front end that would transfer her I can understand why that would fail.
Perhaps she can just call the number it's transferred to.

Ralph

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 12:13:58 PM »
Its the Menu element that is putting the call on hold to transfer to the destination, if this is in an IVR you can try the blind transfer in there or perhaps put in an ANI step to recognise the console and take a different route.

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 05:38:27 AM »
I tried without a menu and it's the same.

ANI is too much work and will be messy.

My client's company has a direct contact with Mitel so I just don't want Mitel to tell them it should work when they tell me it shouldn't.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10