Author Topic: Mitel To Telecor Paging System  (Read 1715 times)

Offline cpomplun

• View Profile
Mitel To Telecor Paging System
« on: November 21, 2016, 12:35:44 PM »
Hi all,

I have a Mitel 3300 connected via an analog port to a Telecor paging system, it take around 4-5 seconds for my voice to sound after the initial beep beep of the telecor system.  My question to the group is this: is there a time delay or delay setting for an analog port before your voice can be heard?

I hope someone can help!  Thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel To Telecor Paging System
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 01:18:44 PM »
Hi all,

I have a Mitel 3300 connected via an analog port to a Telecor paging system, it take around 4-5 seconds for my voice to sound after the initial beep beep of the telecor system.  My question to the group is this: is there a time delay or delay setting for an analog port before your voice can be heard?

I hope someone can help!  Thanks!
No... this is not a function the 3300 is capable of, but this could be a function of the paging system or intermediate device to prevent feedback. I would test it by putting a buttset on the paging output and having someone make a test page, I am pretty sure you will find the voice plays out the paging port almost instantly, the delay is coming from outside for the Mitel.

Offline cpomplun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 01:26:23 PM »
The paging system isn't actually connected to the Paging port, it's just on an LS port on the back.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 01:34:25 PM »
If you're using an ARS route, check the circ descriptor of the LS port and be sure that it's not waiting for answer supervision before cutting through the audio.

Ralph

Offline cpomplun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 02:24:22 PM »
If you're using an ARS route, check the circ descriptor of the LS port and be sure that it's not waiting for answer supervision before cutting through the audio.

Ralph

Let's pretend for a moment that I don't know what 'circ' means or where I would find that setting... :P 
I have two 3300s, one connects to a paging unit in the High School and the other 3300 connects to one in our Elementary School (The one with the problem) I've been trying to find what setting is different between the two, but I can't seem to find it, I probably just don't know where to look!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 03:21:15 PM »
Loop Start CO Trunk Circuit Descriptor.
Here's a screenshot of what to look for:

Ralph
And here's a link to my latest book on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2ge7ldF

Offline cpomplun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 09:16:05 AM »
I checked the Circuit and the Fake Answer Supervision After Outpulsing is Yes, I changed it to no and tested, the long delay was longer, so I changed it back to No....Any other ideas?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10