Author Topic: Software Installer vs maual installation  (Read 2598 times)

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Software Installer vs maual installation
« on: November 17, 2016, 10:03:10 AM »
With older ICP versions few years ago I was using Software Installer for ICP upgrades without any issues, but after it started failing in production environments I decided to rather use the manual installation. Today I decided to give the Software Installer another chance to upgrade our company PBX from 13.2.1.27 to 14.0.0.90 but it looks it failed again.

Do you have any ideas?

Offline august

• View Profile
Re: Software Installer vs maual installation
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 07:58:40 PM »
I have done a lot of upgrade and it rarely failed.

If you do the upgrade from LAN 2 ports, then it will always failed until you connect to LAN 1.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 11:01:47 PM »
I have done a lot of upgrade and it rarely failed.

If you do the upgrade from LAN 2 ports, then it will always failed until you connect to LAN 1.
This exactly... I couldn't figure out why some upgrades/installs would fail for a long time.

Also remember that some older controllers (pre-release 9) might need a memory upgrade to go to the latest version. Also, upgrading more than 2 levels at a time before MCD releases can be problematic for the phones due to boot code changes.

Most of this has nothing to do with the software installer though... make sure you keep your laptop plugged in and power management isn't going to turn it off (I always disable sleep timeout and lid close sleep when on AC power), the Windows firewall is off, and so NOT upgrade on WiFi always be hard wired to the network and things should go smoothly.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 03:03:48 AM »
Thank you for your replies, the controller that I was upgrading was CXi and the network cable was plugged in to the LAN port, memory was already upgraded to 512 MB RAM few years ago in this controller.

Later on I started manual installation but I forgot to stop the Software Installer, on the console I saw these erorr messages. There is no such file, only the 3300SW_TOC.txt, so maybe that was the reason why it failed.

Initiating transfer via remote FTP server to read d:\ftp\14.0.0.903300sw_toc.txt. Attempt 2 of 3
Error in initiating transfer via remote FTP server of D:\FTP\14.0.0.903300SW_TOC.txt (errno=0x880226).

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 11:13:02 AM »
Thank you for your replies, the controller that I was upgrading was CXi and the network cable was plugged in to the LAN port, memory was already upgraded to 512 MB RAM few years ago in this controller.

Later on I started manual installation but I forgot to stop the Software Installer, on the console I saw these erorr messages. There is no such file, only the 3300SW_TOC.txt, so maybe that was the reason why it failed.

Initiating transfer via remote FTP server to read d:\ftp\14.0.0.903300sw_toc.txt. Attempt 2 of 3
Error in initiating transfer via remote FTP server of D:\FTP\14.0.0.903300SW_TOC.txt (errno=0x880226).
What are you using for an FTP server and did you turn off your Windows firewall? The fact that Software Installer while a manual install was occuring could be the entire problem, it is sending commands to the controller as it is trying to run a script.

At this point, I would start clean and do a manual installation and restore from the beginning so you are at a known good point. The only time I have ever seen a manual installation was if there is a hardware issue or the software on the laptop (FTP server or firewall setup issue).

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 11:51:00 AM »
What are you using for an FTP server and did you turn off your Windows firewall?

I'm using Filezilla FTP server for manual installation and works perfecly. The FW was turned off.

When I'm using SWI I select "3300 FTP server" and select the path to the installation files, e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\3300ControllerSoftware\14.0.0.90". I beleive the FTP server installed on my PC is not used by the SWI in this case.

The fact that Software Installer while a manual install was occuring could be the entire problem, it is sending commands to the controller as it is trying to run a script.

When I realized that, I stopped the SWI and restarted the manual installation.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 06:55:26 PM »
What are you using for an FTP server and did you turn off your Windows firewall?

I'm using Filezilla FTP server for manual installation and works perfecly. The FW was turned off.

When I'm using SWI I select "3300 FTP server" and select the path to the installation files, e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\3300ControllerSoftware\14.0.0.90". I beleive the FTP server installed on my PC is not used by the SWI in this case.

The fact that Software Installer while a manual install was occuring could be the entire problem, it is sending commands to the controller as it is trying to run a script.
Use External FTP server and use your own IP address... you have to think of that settings as from the perspective of the controller.

When I realized that, I stopped the SWI and restarted the manual installation.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10