Author Topic: Outbound Caller ID across Intertel Networking  (Read 1766 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Outbound Caller ID across Intertel Networking
« on: November 10, 2016, 09:43:50 PM »
I have a customer with several 5000's (6.0 or higher) and they are networked together, but most of the trunking is from one site and outbound calls just go over the networking links to the main site and out. The problem is that the outbound caller ID (and E911 CID) do not seem to be going out the trunk of the main site. The carrier claims they are allowing any outbound CID to be sent on the PRI.

Is this normal?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Outbound Caller ID across Intertel Networking
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 06:58:44 AM »
No, it's not normal. I have numerous sites where calls route through another node and Caller ID is never an issue. In fact, Caller ID is usually why the calls are routed that way.

What happens when you program one of the numbers in question on a phone local to the trunks?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 01:07:28 PM »
Quick validation test, to make sure all is as carrier says:
On a phone at main site change CALLING PARTY NUMBER to one of their local main site numbers but not the main one.  Call your cell...do you see programmed number? If so, carrier is allowing you to send CPN.
Program that phone with CPN for remote site, try again...does it show remote number?  If yes, everything should be in place and now we need to troubleshoot what's wrong at either remote or main.

By the way, 911 calls generally need to leave from the individual local lines at each site to get emergency services to get the right address.  This is a function of the ASSOCIATED EXTENSION/EMERGENCY EXTENSION of each phone.  Be sure the number in here accesses a local trunk group.  PLEASE be sure to have someone test 911 at each site...I usually dial 911 and say "This is not an emergency.  I amt testing this phone.  Do you show me at <address>?".

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 06:02:21 PM »
I will do some more testing Monday. Thanks

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 07:20:20 PM »
911 routing depends on the carrier. With my AT&T (now Frontier) PRIs, I can program any number and 911 calls will route to the correct PSAP.

I have IP phones connected to phone systems on the other side of the state, with the local fax number programmed as the emergency calling party number.

For example, at my walk-in centers the centralized call center number is shown for normal outbound Caller ID. 911 calls show a local number and calls go to the local PSAP.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10