Author Topic: Two people checking one mailbox at the same time  (Read 2384 times)

Offline PrimaHealthIT

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Two people checking one mailbox at the same time
« on: November 08, 2016, 04:22:39 PM »
I currently have multiple EXTs that have the ability to allow multiple people to check one voicemail box at the same time. However I did not configure this so I am not sure how this is configured. We have installed a new phone system and need to setup this ability on some of the phones on this system. If anyone knows how to do this and could share that knowledge it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Two people checking one mailbox at the same time
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 05:23:12 PM »
From any phone dial the voice mail application (2501 by default)
Press *...it will ask for mailbox number
Enter mailbox number
enter password and *
That's it.  You could bury all those digits under a single station speed dial button on the phone.

Does this sound like what you're looking for?  Note that only one person can be logged into a single mailbox at one time.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 07:54:57 PM »
I think he is referring to the "Sorry, but this mailbox is already in use" message when more than one person tries to access the same mailbox that someone is logged into already. No way around this in the embedded voicemail, only one person can access the same mailbox at one time.

Either that, or the OP means how to notify multiple extensions at one time, maybe?

Offline PrimaHealthIT

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 08:58:01 AM »
dwayneg & acejavelin here is what I am talking about.

Example EXT 248 I can have two people on 2 different phones checking EXT 248's voicemail box at the same time however
              EXT 179 I can only have one person checking this extensions voicemails at a time.

What I would like to be able to do is have multiple people be able to check EXT 179's voicemail at the same time. Just as I can EXT 248.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »
dwayneg & acejavelin here is what I am talking about.

Example EXT 248 I can have two people on 2 different phones checking EXT 248's voicemail box at the same time however
              EXT 179 I can only have one person checking this extensions voicemails at a time.

What I would like to be able to do is have multiple people be able to check EXT 179's voicemail at the same time. Just as I can EXT 248.
Two people cannot be logged into the same mailbox simultaneously, the system doesn't allow it to occur... once a user has successfully logged in, the mailbox is "locked" until the user hangs up or logs out.

Any extension can check any users mailbox, as long as they know the credentials for that mailbox, just dial the VM pilot number and press *[MBX#] then [PASSCODE]#

TBH, we typically solve issues like this voicemail to email.

Offline PrimaHealthIT

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 10:36:15 AM »
This must be a flaw in the DB version we are running at the one site. At one of our sites which is running 6.0.11.81, we can have multiple people check a single mailbox. At our new site that we installed the new system which is running DB version 6.2.2.13 we cannot check a mailbox by multiple people. Not sure if that is and upgrade or not lol

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 11:11:04 AM »
This must be a flaw in the DB version we are running at the one site. At one of our sites which is running 6.0.11.81, we can have multiple people check a single mailbox. At our new site that we installed the new system which is running DB version 6.2.2.13 we cannot check a mailbox by multiple people. Not sure if that is and upgrade or not lol
To my knowledge it has always been that way, even the old Axxess systems with EVMC exhibited the same behavior... I am able to test it on 6.1.3.27, 6.2.2.13, and 6.2.3.53 with our systems in house, same result, once logged into a mailbox, any subsequent user gets "I'm sorry this mailbox is currently in use and cannot be accessed" when attempting to login to the same mailbox.

If it works on your version, it's likely a fluke. :/

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 02:27:56 PM »
PrimaHealthIT,

Do you have Phone Manager installed at your location? If so you can notify multiple users that there are messages in a mailbox and the first one to check it removes the notification for both phones.

To make that work though you would do the programming on the MCS that services the Phone Manager client.

Thanks,

TE

Offline PrimaHealthIT

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 03:55:26 PM »
@Tech Electronics,

No we do not. At our main site we can literally have two phones dial into one phones VM box at the same time. Our upper management is wanting this at our new satellite office but I am newish to the Mitel 5000 system so I wasn't sure if there was a setting I was missing on the new phone system on the phone system at our satellite office.

PS: This isn't just a fluke on one phone at this office we can dial into all the phones at our main office from 2 phones at the same time.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 05:55:38 PM »
The Enterprise Messaging voice mail server will allow two users to be logged into the same mailbox simultaneously.

My end users hated it. They would receive notification of 3 new messages, but perhaps only one would actually be there because someone else got there first.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 07:36:06 AM »
DND ON,

The issue is that they are running on version 6.0+ which does not support the EM. They could however have a NuPoint or some other voice mail system that may allow for that instead of using the built-in voice mail system.

PrimaHealthIT,

Do you know if all sites are using the built-in voice mail or an external voice mail system?

Thanks,

TE

Offline PrimaHealthIT

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 08:22:43 AM »
Since I'm new to the phone system management, I'm guessing they are using the built in voicemail since each site has their own voicemail EXT and I can manage the mailboxes from the MiVoice DB manager.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10