Author Topic: RFP 12 obsolete?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
RFP 12 obsolete?
« on: November 08, 2016, 09:50:02 AM »
We purchased a new RFP 12 single SIP phone and base a couple of months ago for a new Mi Voice 250 6.2 and it worked for about a month until the base suddenly would not communicate via Ethernet...it appeared the NIC card in the base had died. I got hold of Mitel about warranty repair and the issues started when the rep in Chandler could not pull up the serial number of the base. After a couple of email strings it became apparent that Mitel does not support this product even though it is a current offering from them.

Here is an exerpt of an email reply from a Mitel rep in Chandler, AZ... (The information that I have been given is that we no longer repair the 51303918 (the RFP 12 Single Cell Base Station NA) and at this time the Repair department does not have any available to be able to send a replacement Base Station upon receiving the defective one for repair. I have confirmed this with my direct supervisor as well as my Director,...If there has been a mistake with regards to the part number, please let me know. I have attached the picture that I was provided to confirm that it is the Base Station that would be sent in for repair, which is, as stated previously, a part that repair services no longer does repairs on.) (I had sent them a picture of the serial number of the base.)

According to Mitel, they fully support the RFP 12 single base kit which has the part # 51303911, but apparently when a single part of that kit goes bad, the repair side of the house does not ask for the kit part number...they ask for the serial number of the defective part, which they are adamant that they do not support...

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Jim

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RFP 12 obsolete?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 11:24:07 AM »
Crowtalks,

Why are you sending it in for repair, it should just be replaced with an RMA if it is only 2 months old.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 01:58:55 PM »
According to their emails (a portion of one from the Mitel Repair folks of which I copied onto the post), this item is obsolete, therefore it doesn't qualify for RMA (or something like that, I did not fully understand their reasoning...)

The folks I reached in Chandler were the ones from the Mitel AA choice for RMAs, which is what I was originally attempting to do, but then they couldn't find the serial number in their database and the fun and games began...

If I hadn't seen the email strings between our CPE Sales Support guy (whom I turned this Chinese Fire Drill over to), I probably would have thought I had misdialed and was the victim of some sort of joke...I have never had this issue with Mitel supporting a product before...

Jim
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:01:52 PM by Crowtalks »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 08:00:23 PM »
Did you contact the vendor you purchased this from, or did you purchase it from Mitel Direct?

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 11:04:48 PM »
We are a Mitel partner and we purchase directly from them.

Jim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10