Author Topic: Installation of Administration Application on Windows 10  (Read 4182 times)

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Installation of Administration Application on Windows 10
« on: October 26, 2016, 01:53:43 PM »
I've been looking for this for awhile now and must be either brain-dead or something. We have a Mitel CP5000 on version 6.0. Before we upgraded to 6.0, I had the admin console working fine on a Windows 7 machine and also subsequently after I upgraded it to Windows 10 (I think it might be important to note that it was INSTALLED when the computer was on Win7 but worked fine on Win10 after the Win7-->10 upgrade). So fast-forward a little to the Mitel upgrade from 5.x to 6.0 and the admin tool also has to have a corresponding upgrade. This is where I'm having a hard time believing everything has to lead to a dead-end. The new admin tool won't install on Win10. Really? A full year after Win10 is out? Or am I just not looking in the right place???

Thanks in advance. I've been using a VM running Win7 with the sole purpose of supporting this 1 application. I'd MUCH prefer to just run the app from Win10. Can someone help me with the how-to?

Mark

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Installation of Administration Application on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 02:32:26 PM »
MStepan,

What version of System Adminstration and Diagnostics are you trying to load? The latest version is 6.2.13.0 which comes with the 6.2.2.13 database programming should load up just fine. If you version of software on the system is below that then you will need the plugin for your version of database programming.

As for how long Windows 10 has been out has nothing to do with how fast they get around to supporting their product on it unfortunately

Thanks,

TE

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 02:57:41 PM »
Thanks TE ... Sorry for the editorial comment about the length of time it takes (I know it can and does vary). I've been asking our vendor about this for a long time and not getting very good follow-up/through. I'll see if these specifics might help them help me get to something that works ... Thanks again!

FYI:

From the System Information tab:
> Release version: 6.0 SP3 PR3
> Call processing version 6.0.11.119

From the Mitel DB Programming Help menu:
> Database Programming Version: 6.0.11.84
> > DBProgramming.exe 6.0.4.0
> > CS5000SessMngr.exe 6.0.0.8
> Call Processing Version: 6.0.11.119
> Voice Processor Version: 6.0.11.117
> > Voice Processor: Unified Voice Messaging

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 10:53:40 PM »
Install the 6.2.2.13 System Admin software over top of what you have, you will have 6.2 and 6.0 SP3 but it should work fine... Going forward, install the latest software then install the 6.0 DB programming plugin.

Offline berkley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 08:42:39 AM »
Occasionally I have to right click and run as administrator to get it to install on windows 10. Haven't found a rhyme or reason as to why I do sometimes and not others.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10