Author Topic: Stop Call Transfers from the Voicemail system  (Read 1516 times)

Offline frankq81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Stop Call Transfers from the Voicemail system
« on: October 26, 2016, 01:07:10 PM »
Ok, I hope this doesn't sound too odd, but I work for a hotel using a MItel Mivoice Business with embedded voicemail.

Currently we have a vulnerability which allows people to transfer out from the voicemail box directly to guest room, which is a problem because of potential phone scams.

Is there someway to keep people from being able to transfer out of a voicemail box or voicemail system ingeneral?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Stop Call Transfers from the Voicemail system
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 01:48:15 PM »
Try giving the VM ports a unique COR.
Then restrict that COR to 2 digits via the maximum digits dialed form.

Ralph

Offline frankq81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:51:23 PM »
Ralph

Thanks for your help, and thank you for thinking I have any clue what a COR is... This system is brand new for us, and I am sadly still learning.

I know how to find the VM Port section in the Mivoice system page, if you could give me just a bit more information.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 03:35:36 PM »
Interconnect restriction can be used for this as well, I set it up a few weeks ago for a hotel customer. House phones are in Interconnect 1, guest room phones in Interconnect 2, and voice mail ports are in Interconnect 3. Interconnect 3 is restricted from 2, and in addition, we have the VM ports in Intercept Group 3 and have that Intercept set up so that any interconnect violations are sent to the front desk.

Offline frankq81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 03:47:28 PM »
Interconnect restriction can be used for this as well, I set it up a few weeks ago for a hotel customer. House phones are in Interconnect 1, guest room phones in Interconnect 2, and voice mail ports are in Interconnect 3. Interconnect 3 is restricted from 2, and in addition, we have the VM ports in Intercept Group 3 and have that Intercept set up so that any interconnect violations are sent to the front desk.

This sounds promising...

I think everything is currently on the same Interconnect Restriction.

Offline frankq81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 03:49:53 PM »

Wait.... does this affect the guest's ability to access the voicemail system?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 03:51:32 PM »

No, the nice thing about Interconnect Restriction is that it only works one way (unless of course you set up the restriction on both). Guests can call VM ports, but VM ports can't call guests.

Offline frankq81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 03:54:56 PM »

No, the nice thing about Interconnect Restriction is that it only works one way (unless of course you set up the restriction on both). Guests can call VM ports, but VM ports can't call guests.

Got to admit that sounds pretty nice...

Ill take any tips for setting this up without breaking the whole thing lol

Offline frankq81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »
Think I got it slowly... the phone isn't ringing, now it sits on hold then dumps it to the voicemail system.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 07:54:02 AM »

Got to admit that sounds pretty nice...

Ill take any tips for setting this up without breaking the whole thing lol

Set up a test case, then once you're sure it's working roll it out. Change the Interconnect on one house/admin phone to match what you will eventually change the VM ports to, change the Interconnect on just one guest room phone, then add the restriction from VM to Guest in Interconnect Restriction, and make a test call. Once you're sure it's behaving the way you want, then change the settings on the phones/ports you want to modify.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10